We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest flight destination in Europe

Mumbai
Level Contributor
2 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Cheapest flight destination in Europe

Hi,

Which European city is the cheapest to fly into from India.

I need to be in Paris in October for a workshop.

Before that I want to fly into any location is Europe and travel across. Which would be the cheapest flight from Bangalore or India to any part of Europe.

Thanks in advance!!

sindhu

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,124 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest flight destination in Europe

I would think that the answer would change all the time, as the various airlines adjust their prices up and down in response to competition and demand.

You could try going to www.skyscanner.net and looking at prices for tickets from Bangalore to various European airports on your travel date. But if you repeat the exercise tomorrow, you might well get different results.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest flight destination in Europe

Well, I'm not sure the answer could be helpful,,,what if I told you it was Aberdeen in Scotland? The price of getting to Paris from there could off set the saving, unless it's more about the trip?

Play about on sky scanner, try a variety of different city options, and then remember to factor in the cost and time of then actually getting yourself to Paris, inc any over night stays required,

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapest flight destination in Europe

I agree it makes no sense to ask which is the cheapest because that might also be very expensive to travel from to Paris and have high visa costs, compared to some other place which outwardly is more expensive to fly to but is cheap to travel from and has a lower cost visa. It will in any case change day by day. Why don't you just fly direct to Paris and then do some travelling from there, if you don't care where you are going to travel through?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,347 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheapest flight destination in Europe

An impossible and impractical question to answer! Do you realise how big and diverse Europe is?

Melboune
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheapest flight destination in Europe

I agree that you need to try various options. However, you need also to consider which is the cheapest city to fly FROM. Airport charges, taxes etc vary from country to country and from airport to airport, and these (as I understand it) are primarily imposed on departing passengers. Airlines flying from Asia to Europe often allow you to have an "open jaw" (that is, arrive at one city, depart from another), and you so you might find that you can get a good deal flying direct to Paris but then leaving from another city.

Hence, you might find that you can get a better deal departing from Barcelona or Amsterdam than from CDG, but of course you have to take into account travel costs (although there are sometimes good advance purchase deals on Thalys between Paris and Amsterdam). However, my impression is that taxes in Britain are high, so London probably won't be an option if you use this approach.

Edited: 14 March 2014, 07:40
UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheapest flight destination in Europe

However, my impression is that taxes in Britain are high, so London probably won't be an option if you use this approach.

========

Taxes in the UK certainly are high, however this is often offset by competition so that overall prices are lower. It all depends. Plus there will be complications flying into London because the OP would need to get two visas, unless they were just transiting through, one for the UK, one for Schengen, and these have costs involved as well, not just the cost of the visas but also travel costs to the embassies, getting documents notarised etc etc.

There just is no useful answer to simplistic questions of this sort.

7. Re: Cheapest flight destination in Europe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2015, 05:18