We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pay Jetstar with Credit

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Pay Jetstar with Credit

Hi All,

Jetstar payment methods stated that :Credit card owner must take credit used to purchase tickets toghether with ID to Jetstar counter for checkin , if the credit / debit card is not verified as required the passenger whose tickets were purchased with that credit may be denied checkin and boarding .

what if that person is living oversea and buying ticket for relative such as sister or parent to flight over and visiting ?

can this be avoid if pay by other methods such as Paypal ??

Thankyou

Edited: 15 March 2014, 12:07
Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin, Kakadu National Park
Level Contributor
2,719 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pay Jetstar with Credit

I never have been asked for my credit card on checkin with Jetstar , perhaps it is there as another security check if they think the passenger looks dogy? What some airlines used to accept in your situation was a photocopy of the front of the card and a signed note from you that you were the person whose name appears on the front of the card and you have used it for the ticket, give flight details etc.

Ring up Jetstar enquiries the only time I had to use them I found them to be helpful.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,285 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pay Jetstar with Credit

100% with LsBob - I too have never been asked for credit card to verify anything with Jetstar.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pay Jetstar with Credit

It does not matter, sorry, if someone else has not been asked, people are asked and the op may be one of them, he needs to call them to understand how to address it,,,:-))

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pay Jetstar with Credit

The way round it is to pay via a reputable travel agency.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pay Jetstar with Credit

Thanks for all replied

6. Re: Pay Jetstar with Credit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2015, 13:19