We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia flights -- OOL to Bangkok?

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
276 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Air Asia flights -- OOL to Bangkok?

I've heard that Air Asia are intent on flying from Australia to Bangkok direct later this year .Does anyone know the truth of this?

Thanks

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Asia flights -- OOL to Bangkok?

This is the first I have heard of it.

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
370 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Asia flights -- OOL to Bangkok?

They are not flying Perth direct. I've booked for December and we transfer in KL. With KL being their hub I would find it difficult to believe.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,883 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Asia flights -- OOL to Bangkok?

Here's some talk about it, but I'm not seeing any Oz-DMK flights announced or scheduled yet.

smh.com.au/travel/blogs/travellers-check/air…

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
276 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Asia flights -- OOL to Bangkok?

Must be a rumour

Thanks all

KL
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Asia flights -- OOL to Bangkok?

That's the new Thai AirAsia X but I think they will concentrate on Japan/Korea/China first rather than Australia.

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
276 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Asia flights -- OOL to Bangkok?

You are likely right!.

We'll see.

Thanks so much

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,662 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Asia flights -- OOL to Bangkok?

Hi,

"That's the new Thai AirAsia X but I think they will concentrate on Japan/Korea/China first rather than Australia."

That is correct.. The Thai AirAsiaX group just graduated their first batches of cabin crew and most will complete their initial training (KUL based flying) and flying requirements in May and will return to DMK after that.

Those North Asia regions will be their initial markets - and why they actively sought out crew with those language skills.

The only wildcard is when they wi actually launch service as it's been delayed due to the domestic political situation in Bangkok at present.

Travel Safe,

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
276 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Asia flights -- OOL to Bangkok?

Great stuff!

A most comprehensive thread.

Many thanks

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Asia flights -- OOL to Bangkok?

Hearing they take delivery of three new aircraft in early 2015 and a direct flight to Australia is on the cards but not hearing if they have chosen the destination city as yet

10. Re: Air Asia flights -- OOL to Bangkok?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2015, 10:21