We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair

Manchester, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Ryanair

DO NOT USE RYANAIR!! Booked a trip to rome for mothers day as a present for my mum. Paid more for the morning flight so we could spend all mothers day there and I could show her around as I have previously been. Then ryan air informs me they have changed my flight to the cheaper afternoon one, and that they will give me a refund but not for my hotel. I explained the circumstances and asked if as a gesture of good will they could so something, not fased is an understatement. I know it's a cheap budget airline, but manners are free. The way I have been treated is disgusting and I hope this at least helps somebody to make the conscious and very sensible decision to steal clear!!!!

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,036 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Ryanair

<<Move on people>>

I think it's you that needs to do that.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
8,117 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Ryanair

Hi

We can move on easily enough but I would be interested to know who told you they were looking for a passenger who had smoked in the toilets. Was it an announcement or did a member of the crew volunteer the information, or was it a rumour which just happened. Even if someone had been smoking I don't see how making a plane load of passengers sit tight until the naughty one confessed could be the reason.

I have flown a lot and mostly with LCC's but also occasionally with full service airlines and have yet to see a rude steward, but I have seen very many rude passengers.

Jackie

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,316 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Ryanair

"Move on people."

Yes, *we're* the one's who need to move on :)

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,897 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Ryanair

If the OP is still reading this ...

Mothers' Day in the UK is Sunday March 30. So if the schedule change by RyanAir was made after March 16 (three days before the original post), then RyanAir may well owe compensation under EU261.

Article 5.1(c), and it depends on the timing of the later flight vs the one they were originally booked on - eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do…

Chloecarhart, can you please confirm (a) the date of your flight, (b) original departure time, (c) departure time of the flight you're now on, and (d) on which date did RyanAir cancel your flight and rebook you?

Edited: 21 March 2014, 02:25
Lancashire
Level Contributor
2 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Ryanair

Ryanair changed my flight time by 8 hours. I requested they alter the UK outgoing airport from Liverpool to Manchester as this was a better time. They did this free of charge. I then however had a brain storm and booked the return leg to the original airport and also to the new one. I rang to explain what I had done and they agreed to forward my request to Head Office. The refund was arranged in full that same day. You cant ask for more than that. I have only praise for RyanAir having used them many times without any hassle whatsoever. Polite staff at the airport, on board and in the call centres. They are no different to any other airline.

Edited: 02 July 2014, 22:26
Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,650 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Ryanair

"They are no different to any other airline."

Oh they are VERY different to most other airlines! Very few charge an exorbitant amount at the airport if you fail to check in online for example.

But none of that should be a problem if you take the time to understand what you are buying and how they sell it (base fare gets you seat and two carry-ons, menu pricing for everything else) and follow the clearly explained rules.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
8,117 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Ryanair

Hi

They are very different to many other airlines, in the first place typos are corrected for free, even if you booked months ago and have already checked in before you noticed, and secondly if you miss your outgoing flight for any reason your return flight does not get cancelled, so if you decide to fly a day later you don't have to purchase a new return ticket. And thirdly you don't have to pay a fortune for a one way ticket. Also I have never had a problem with them answering the phone.

I think because of these policies they beat lots of other airlines hands down.

Jackie

28. Re: Ryanair

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2015, 05:16