We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I need an adapter to use the plug at my seat on OpenSkies

Stamford...
Level Contributor
111 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Do I need an adapter to use the plug at my seat on OpenSkies

I read something about possibly needing something called an empower adapter to use the power plugs on airplanes. Does anyone know if this is necessary for OpenSkies? I would like to be able to charge my cell phone & laptop. Thank you!

Stamford...
Level Contributor
111 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do I need an adapter to use the plug at my seat on OpenSkies

Bump.

Anyone?

I've never been on a plane with a plug so I'm not sure what to expect. If you can comment on any airline's power plugs I would appreciate it. I guess I should also try and contact OpenSkies directly.

Thanks..

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,729 posts
413 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do I need an adapter to use the plug at my seat on OpenSkies

Can't tell you specifically about OpenSkies, never flown. Might want to check directly with carrier. My personal observation on other carriers is a decided move away from using the Empower plugs and going more with USB power or even standard power outlets. There's a chance it may also vary by aircraft within a carrier.

Good luck.

NYC
Level Contributor
144 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do I need an adapter to use the plug at my seat on OpenSkies

According to the usually reliable Seat Guru, it's a universal AC outlet, so you should be fine:

seatguru.com/airlines/OpenSkies/OpenSkies_Bo…

Stamford...
Level Contributor
111 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do I need an adapter to use the plug at my seat on OpenSkies

Thank you both. I did see that on Seat Guru also, but just want to be sure!

5. Re: Do I need an adapter to use the plug at my seat on OpenSkies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2015, 05:20