We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Round The World Ticket - Recommended?

Eilat, Israel
Level Contributor
15 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Round The World Ticket - Recommended?

Hi everyone,

I'm planning on a trip to many countries around the world and I'm looking for a way to save on expenses while on "the road". I've heard about the "Round The World Ticket" (staralliance.com/en/…) and wondered if anyone here has ever used it... I've read a bit about it, but if someone can tell me a bit more, I'll be happy to hear (:

Does it really save on expenses? Did it give you enough time to enjoy every place you've landed in? In general, do you recommend this way of travel for a traveler looking for ways to save money? Any other suggestions for saving money, but still experiencing as much of the world?

Many thanks in advance!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,388 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Round The World Ticket - Recommended?

A round-the-world ticket, whether from One World or Star Alliance, will usually cost less than point-to-point tickets for the same travel, but there are always rules about how many places you can visit. You might do well to talk with a travel agent.

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
1,151 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Round The World Ticket - Recommended?

Where do you want to go? How much of it could be done on low cost airlines? Price out the alternatives - that's the only way to get a fair comparison. Not a RTW ticket will only be valid for a maximum of one year too - and no that's not long enough to see the world!

3. Re: Round The World Ticket - Recommended?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2015, 04:51