We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ryanair policy of not keeping their customers comfortable

Anstruther, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
ryanair policy of not keeping their customers comfortable

On a recent flight from Tenerife to Edinburgh after 3 trys to get the stewards to turn up the heating on board I gave up. Not only were some passengers sitting with jackets on but a number like myself without na lot of hair were wearing hats. I wonder if this is another dodge of Mr oleary to save money

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,420 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ryanair policy of not keeping their customers comfortable

Probably someone like me begging the crew to turn the heating down. Cabins are kept far too hot IME. Put a jumper on if you're that cold or see a doctor about some kind of undiagnosed Reynaud's disease.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ryanair policy of not keeping their customers comfortable

Seriously? Wear a jumper.

Edited: 21 March 2014, 13:51
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,790 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ryanair policy of not keeping their customers comfortable

+1 parklandwalk and froggy.

Quick call whine one one and ask for a whambulance.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ryanair policy of not keeping their customers comfortable

Lol...:-))

Surbiton
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ryanair policy of not keeping their customers comfortable

Were you near a day? I don't know h ow it can happen, but the seats near the doors are often cold and draughty.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,803 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ryanair policy of not keeping their customers comfortable

Just take a jumper.

Temperature perception is different. Some feel too warm, other too cold and other just fine. I always tend to have cold in the cabin, so guess what I am doing.

This has nothing to do with Ryanair. It is ok if you do not like them for whatever reason. But please do not start to make allegations.

btw: His name is Michael O'Leary

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,036 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ryanair policy of not keeping their customers comfortable

Everyones idea of comfortable is personal. My OH has his car temperature set at 20 degrees. Mine is set 16, with the air con on all year.

If you're cold just wear more clothes, or perhaps you'd prefer it if the warmer people took their's off :)

Sometimes I just despair at adults inability to look after themselves, and consider their fellow travellers!

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ryanair policy of not keeping their customers comfortable

I was rather chilly on a Ryanair flight once. A couple of things warmed me up; the jumper I had in my hand luggage and the thought of flying for a stonkingly low price compared to what other airlines were charging. Trust your flight was cheap OP?

Anstruther, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ryanair policy of not keeping their customers comfortable

When passengers are having to wear coats and hats the temp is not right. And I do no the mans name

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ryanair policy of not keeping their customers comfortable

I am quite impressed by the ops thought process that it's a form of conspiracy theory by ryanair management to keep costs down.

The ones who felt it was too warm, obviously felt it was a management conspiracy to get them to buy more to drink.

I love conspiracy theories. It's Friday,,,bring em on, the crazier the better please. Don't be ashamed,,,just put it out there.