We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Minor name change required on ticket

W Yorkshire
Level Contributor
2,953 posts
157 reviews
Save Topic
Minor name change required on ticket

Hi Everyone,

I've booked some business class tickets for myself and my wife on Emirates, flying from Man UK to Capetown in November. My only issue is I forgot to include my wife's middle name on her booking, however it is on her passport. Her first name and surname are correct of course, even I'm not that daft.

I usually fly alone on business and I do not have a middle name so it never occurred to me at the time when I booked the ticket.

Does the forum think this could be an issue ?, I hope not since I'll get the usual draconian penalty for "altering" a ticket. However the airline denying us boarding would be a nightmare.

Your opinions would be appreciated.

Best Regards

Richard

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,978 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Minor name change required on ticket

Middle names are not required on flight tickets so she will be fine

I have flown on many airlines and have never had my middle name on a flight ticket

UK
Level Contributor
138 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Minor name change required on ticket

I've flown emirates a number of times and never had my middle name on the ticket. She'll be fine

W Yorkshire
Level Contributor
2,953 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Minor name change required on ticket

Many thanks,

I guessed it wouldn't be an issue but just wanted confirmation.

Regards

Richard

4. Re: Minor name change required on ticket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2015, 05:15