We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson 787 dreamliner

Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Thomson 787 dreamliner

In premium does for 1A and C have a window with it being the bulkhead

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
47 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Thomson 787 dreamliner

We've just returned from Orlando on the Dreamliner. We weren't that impressed with it. The entertainment screens broke down on the return flight and when they finally got them to work, it was all the same programmes we watched on the flight out.

There's a little extra leg room but it's still very uncomfortable to sleep.

I think there's a lot of hype about it, but everyone will have different experiences I guess.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,211 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Thomson 787 dreamliner

The majority of films are the same on outbound and inbound. There's just 3 that are different. Given there's 30+ films available, it's not hard to avoid the couple you may have watched outbound.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
256 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Thomson 787 dreamliner

We are due to fly to Punta Cana on TOM118 on 17th May. I looked at the flight online on Saturday, just out of curiosity and because I was excited, and it was showing as being a 767. I then looked at a few other Thomson long haul that were supposed to be Dreamliner and one or two other flights were 767's too. Does anyone know of any current issues with the Dreamliner?

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
40,032 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Thomson 787 dreamliner

JoE615

Your flight to Punta Cana on May 17th is showing as scheduled on the Dreamliner.

Angie.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,211 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Thomson 787 dreamliner

They've had a few issues during the last week. One was hit by either lightening or a bird strike (I can't remember) and they had tech problems with another one as well.

Were the April (winter season) flights scheduled on a Dreamliner because that route looks like it's been scheduled on, and operated by a 767 throughout April? I know the Summer season is scheduled on a Dreamliner.

What happened last week has no bearing on what will happen in a few weeks time.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
256 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Thomson 787 dreamliner

Thank you both.

It never even occurred to me that we would still be in the winter season, especially as the weather is so nice at the moment. That might explain it then!

hertfordshire
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Thomson 787 dreamliner

How do I know if my flight is a dreamliner. I booked through first choice flight number is TOM022 flying from gatwick on 28/9/14 to cancun

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,211 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Thomson 787 dreamliner

It should have told you when you were booking, or check your confirmation. Failing that, do a dummy booking on Thomsons website, but as far as I know it's scheduled on a Dreamliner.

hertfordshire
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Thomson 787 dreamliner

It didn't say when we booked :( thanks for speedy reply and love the idea of dummy booking

Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Thomson 787 dreamliner

Angelina52

Hi, why is it that you have to pay for your soft drinks, tea and coffee on long haul flights on Dreamliner? I've done long haul before and never had to pay. Feeling a bit cheated, as this is not a cheap holiday. I have read that Thomson have decided that winter 2014, customers will no longer have to pay for any of the above. Is this true what I have read?