We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get Spice Jet to reply to my complaint

Navi Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
How to get Spice Jet to reply to my complaint

I travelled from Delhi to Mumbai on SG 458 on 20th March, 2014 and I even paid Rs.600/- for an emergency aisle seat my PNR was M6UB7J. My experience was bad right from the time I made a call to the call center to find out if I could do a tele check in but I was told that Spicejet no longer has that facility then I enquired if I could do a web check in as I needed an emergency aisle but I was informed that if I had checkin baggage I could not do web check in. I still logged in and did my web check in and also paid my 600 after doing a seat selection and nowhere did it mention that if I had checkin luggage I will not be allowed to do a web checkin. All passangers had boarded the flight before the ETD which was 18:55 but we only took off at 19:30. During the flight the crew were told by a few passangers that the ac was not working well and overall the condition of the interiors was looking quite old and shabby. My armrest had the leather torn off and the cushion was even falling off.

It was quite a depressing flight back home as I reached late and the experience was not nice at all. I sent them a complaint mail on the email id provided on the website along with the photos of the torn armrest on 21st March but they have not contacted me as yet and I am wondering how to get a reply back from them.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,159 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get Spice Jet to reply to my complaint

So did you get the seat you paid for or not?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,471 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get Spice Jet to reply to my complaint

Your complaints seem to be

A take off delay of 35 minutes which is, in my opinion, not significant.

The a/c, according to some passengers, was not working well although it might have been ok for others as in flight temperature is a personal issue.

A torn armrest - interiors can get worn simply because of use and it's not practical to take planes out of service to fix every minor issue.

The flight time for this route is around 2 hours and I would simply put the experience behind you - the key point being you arrived safely.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,567 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get Spice Jet to reply to my complaint

Torn armrests??

Slight delay??

a/c allegedly not working well??

Interior of plane a bit shabby??

Is there more?

After your first para I had expected you to say that -

a) you had not got the seat you paid for

or...

b) due to some error you had not been allowed to board

If there is more then please do get back to us and clarify otherwise seems like you just had a pretty run of the mill experience.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,287 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get Spice Jet to reply to my complaint

You sent your complaint ( of dubious quality) on FRIDAY, March 21 and are complaining because you have not heard from them by MONDAY, the 24th. It may be that anyone who would respond, had the weekend off!!!

Also--in your litany of complaints you write that ;

"I enquired if I could do a web check in as I needed an emergency aisle but I was informed that if I had checkin baggage I could not do web check in."

Choosing to ignore that information you decided to do a web check in and then you complain

"nowhere did it mention that if I had checkin luggage I will not be allowed to do a web checkin"

HUH????

Your complaints are pretty much meaningless.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get Spice Jet to reply to my complaint

Sorry to hear of your terrible experience OP. How on earth do they think you would possibly rest your arm on anything other than the finest full grain breathable buffed sturgeon leather? Shame on them.

Edited: 24 March 2014, 11:08
London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get Spice Jet to reply to my complaint

They have not yet responded, because like us, they can't work out what the heck the complaint actually is.

If you just want compensation, send them a begging letter. At least it's more honest than trying to come up with daft issues,

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
57,560 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get Spice Jet to reply to my complaint

How to get Spice Jet to reply? Give them a chance! I would allow at least 5 business days. Mind you, I'm not at all certian what your complaint is, or what you sort of reply you are expecting?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get Spice Jet to reply to my complaint

You are too optimistic. Be happy if you receive a reply within a month.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,359 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to get Spice Jet to reply to my complaint

Why do people think arilines are going to answer every single complaint that people make (other than a generic system generated e mail).?

Having read some of the "issues" people post on this forum, a business case could me made for ignoring most of them.

10. Re: How to get Spice Jet to reply to my complaint

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 March 2014, 15:35