We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuesdays still the best day to buy?

Illinois
Level Contributor
222 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Tuesdays still the best day to buy?

2 weeks ago I purchased 4 RT tickets, nonstop on Airtran, from MKE to CUN for June 7-14 at the price of $539/ea. My daughter wants to join us so I would like to purchase a ticket for her on the same flights. The RT fare is now $775.00! Each time I check I have been clearing my cookies before hand.

Is Tuesday/Wednesdays still the best day(s) to buy? Or am I stuck with either the high fare or possibly her taking another airline (all with stops=all day travel) most likely out of ORD due to comparable flight times, meaning we would drive her to ORD and then book it up to MKE for our flight out.

Any chance the cost will come down?

TIA

Rowe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
728 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Tuesdays still the best day to buy?

It's unlikely the fare will be lower. Supply and demand is the rule. The flight is getting more full, so the price is going up.

22. Re: Tuesdays still the best day to buy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2015, 05:16