We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upgrade Question through ANZ.

Kingaroy, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Upgrade Question through ANZ.

Hi,

I have seen on the ANZ web site that you can offer an amount for an upgrade EG: premium Eco to Business class.

My question is, Is there anyway way of know which Business Class seats would be available before up grading?

Reason is that our return flight is on a 747 and we have PE seats upstairs, but for the right amount an upgrade to Business Class wouldnt be too bad if I could get one of the upstairs seats.

cheers

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Upgrade Question through ANZ.

Likely not.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,522 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Upgrade Question through ANZ.

I think ExpertFlyer and/or KVS might be able to offer a view of availability and the seats assigned - but seat maps do change.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Upgrade Question through ANZ.

No. You do net get the offer. If your bid is accepted, you get notified. At that point, if which seat is a big deal to you, call ANZ or go to the flight center and choose. Chuck.

Kingaroy, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Upgrade Question through ANZ.

I might give ANZ a ring and see what they say.

Thanks for the replies

cheers

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,961 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Upgrade Question through ANZ.

Hi Craig

Just a thought.

The upstairs cabin on the 747 is great for PE. 2 and 3 seating across. But the business class cabin is not as good, imo, as downstairs. You share the space with PE and also the toilets - not really enough for the people up there. You are also overlooked by the jealous PE passengers. LOL

But the information is quite correct that you'll have to wait until you get the upgrade. If I did, I'd ring Air NZ immediately and see if I could get seats in the small front cabin downstairs (used to be first class). Otherwise the cabin just behind it.

Just my thoughts.

Kingaroy, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Upgrade Question through ANZ.

Yes, we have a couple of good seats upstairs I think.

I will check out the ones downstairs. I thought that being upstairs might be quieter... Unless there are babies brought up.

cheers

7. Re: Upgrade Question through ANZ.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2015, 05:17