We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer at Zurich - flight to L.A.

Metkovic, Croatia
2 posts
Save Topic
Transfer at Zurich - flight to L.A.

Very soon I'm going to Los Angeles with Swiss airlines from Zagreb and I will be transfering at Zurich airport.

What I'm interested and what I would like to know is next:

Will I have to clear immigration/show my passport and If I do when will it be, at my arriving gate or at my departure gate? Same question for my hand baggage getting scanned/x-rayed? Also, can anyone tell me how to get from D to E and how long does it take to get from D to E?

Anyone who knows and has any experience please answer.

Thanks

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero, Melton Mowbray, Elora
Level Contributor
15,633 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer at Zurich - flight to L.A.

No you will not have to clear customs and immigration as you are neither entering nor leaving the Schengen Area.

There is a shuttle train to the E gates that takes a few minutes. You then go through security.

ZRH is one of the more pleasant and efficient airports for transitting.

Metkovic, Croatia
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer at Zurich - flight to L.A.

All understood, thank you very much for your answer.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,748 posts
538 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer at Zurich - flight to L.A.

But you might face a police control when exiting the airplane (they do it randomly). And you'll have to go through security again.

zurich-airport.com/passengers-and-visitors/a…

4. Re: Transfer at Zurich - flight to L.A.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2015, 06:17