We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick question about Emirates baggage

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
Quick question about Emirates baggage

Hi I'm viewing all this on my mobile and I'm not sure if I'm getting all the info I need from the emirates website.

I'm flying economy from London to Mauritius. I believe my allowance is 30kg which is fine. However I want to take some fishing rods with me. They will not exceed 10ft in length and my overall baggage will not exceed 30kg. So am I right in thinking I can take my rods without incurring a charge? I.e, 2 bags weighing a total of 30kg or less.

Thanks,

Nick

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,576 posts
34 reviews
1. Re: Quick question about Emirates baggage

You will be ok with 2 bags up to 30 kg in Economy but may wish to note the following from the Emirates website.

"Other sports equipment

Emirates will accept wind surf boards, surf boards, kite surfing equipment, kayaks, body boards, pole vault or other sporting equipment as checked baggage and part of your standard baggage allowance, provided:

•They are less than 300cm (10 feet) in length.

•Any sails are detachable and collapsible.

•It is appropriately packed in a hard-shell packing case. If not a Limited Release will be required."

I'm unsure how you intend to pack the fishing rods but the last part might be relevant if they are expensive as packing them in a soft case increases the risk of damage with limited liability.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Quick question about Emirates baggage

I have a hard case purpose designed for carrying fishing rods which I have used many times before so that's fine. Thanks for the reply

3. Re: Quick question about Emirates baggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2015, 06:16