We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Problems with Virgin Guest List?

London, United...
Level Contributor
252 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Problems with Virgin Guest List?

Has anyone else had a problem with Virgin Guest list? As it was a special birthday for me & we were flying on my birthday, March 10, we decided to use the Virgin Guest list. The chauffeur arrived promptly at 4.30am & swiftly transferred us to LGW, where we had to wait for the upper class lounge to open. We had a lovely. Hot breakfast & I enjoyed the neck & shoulder massage, very Relaxing. The problem started on our return to LGW earlier this week. We landed after a long & tiring journey from Grenada via St Lucia & looked for our names on a board at arrivals...........nothing! We walked along tothe Virgin desk, at the other end, when you are in your. Seventies, not welcome at all! We spoke to a lady there who insisted that we hadn't paid for a return journey. We showed our paperwork, in which it very clearly stated we had paid for two car journeys for two people. She was very insistent we hadn't & asked if we would like to book a taxi for £125, an insult as we had already paid! We ended up finding our own taxi home,but it was all very upsetting! My husband has since been in touch with Virgin, who admitted there had been a glich on the booking & have offered us the cost of the return journey & a few thousand airmiles. I wondered if anyone else had this problem?

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Problems with Virgin Guest List?

I imagine a few people have had this problem as gliches do happen sometimes, however unwelcome.

Are you unsatisfied with the offer of reimbursement and compensation of miles?

Edited: 27 March 2014, 13:19
London, United...
Level Contributor
252 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Problems with Virgin Guest List?

I am, but my husband accepted it,as I had got so distressed & it was such a bad ending to a lovely holiday, think they could have offered more.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,929 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Problems with Virgin Guest List?

Why did you get so distressed? Yes, it was a hassle but not an insurmountable problem. It's not like you were stranded alone on a desert island.

What "more" do you think they should have offered?

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Problems with Virgin Guest List?

It sounds like Virgin did help you to get home when you found yourseleves at Gatwick without a driver, have accepted the mistake was theirs, promptly refunded the money you had to pay to get home, and given airmiles as a goodwill gesture. That is exactly what I would have expected of them or any other airline; nothing more and nothing less. Glitches do happen, and this was a very minor one in the greater scheme of things. If you found it distressing, I would respectfully suggest that International travel is perhaps not for you. My parents are in their early eighties and despite having travelled extensively and with great enjoyment when they were younger, don't venture outside the UK anymore, partly because they find the whole airport scenario stressful and confusing.

Mn
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Problems with Virgin Guest List?

I see the real complaint that the OP had paper work that showed that they had payed for it but the agent did not look at it and try to correct the problem. Seems to me that is in their job description.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,757 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Problems with Virgin Guest List?

It is possible that the agent wasn't able to correct it. There may not have been a vehicle easily available.

London, United...
Level Contributor
252 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Problems with Virgin Guest List?

Maybe when you are a bit. Older & have tried to make everything as pleasant as possible, you will understand!

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Problems with Virgin Guest List?

Diane, your husband has accepted the cost of the journey and goodwill gesture. Really I think that is game over. Put the miles towards a future holiday and look forward to it.

You are in your seventies, you do not need to be stressing over this.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Problems with Virgin Guest List?

I'm sorry, although i do agree your car should have been booked, it would seem slightly excessive to most people to get highly distressed when it was not, hopping a taxi is easy enough. Mistakes happen, the airline refunded, apologised, gave air miles comp.

Your husband has accepted, so as mr Marcoos says it's game over, but to be honest, even if he had not, the airline has made you whole for the experience. Time to move on.

You had a great holiday,,,don't be distressed about a screwed up car booking:-))

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,974 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Problems with Virgin Guest List?

Things go wrong. Maybe they shouldn't, but they do. Virgin have made good on their mistake. No point getting distressed about it. I'm really not sure what age has got to do with this though?