We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

united airlines

bradford
Level Contributor
168 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
united airlines

I recently flew man-newark- new orleans. Before travel i was told internal flight was 25 dollars each for checked luggage however it was free as taken internatio al flight. thanks united also great on time flights and good service.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,956 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: united airlines

I do believe that as your flights were all in the same itinerary that there is no charge for checked luggage on your second flight.

Glad to hear you had good flights too.

Edited: 27 March 2014, 20:30
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,805 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: united airlines

Glad it went well - for future reference if you have a domestic flight on the same ticket as an international flight then you will retain the international baggage allowance regardless of the airline.

You'll only need to pay any appropriate checked bag fees if you have a domestic flight on a separate ticket.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: united airlines

You must work for United Airlines :).

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
31,663 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: united airlines

Yup, always nice to see positive feedback on airlines rather than rants. :-)

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
54,282 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: united airlines

Thank you for flying the friendly Skies...

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
16,117 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: united airlines

Apparently you did not get the memo that this site is for complaints only. No nice comments allowed. :-)

bradford
Level Contributor
168 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: united airlines

Hi folks. Credit where credit due. Also check in in newark advised us to change seats with a gap between us. It worked we had extra space. Maybe i should work in their marketing dept. Ha ha

Kirkcaldy
Level Contributor
618 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: united airlines

We have flown United transatlantic then multi city and baggage always free, 2003', 2009 , 2011 and will be in May 2014

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
1 post
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: united airlines

Flew United Airlines international flights and for the most part enjoyable. I just wish the flight attendants were more friendly. Especially the night flights I know people are tired and sometimes cranky but flight attendants have a customer service position. United Airlines advertise friendly skies I do believe they need to reinforce it with their crew especially on long international flights.

london
Level Contributor
1 post
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: united airlines

I'm flying united soon after years of intentional 'boycott' I fly often from LHR to ORD but have a policy of flying British airways as it's always a pleasant experience. Not just because I love wandering terminal 5 pre flight, but because the staff on board are always, without fail, friendly, welcoming and fantastic. My husband booked my upcoming flight and has found a deal with united I suspect... I would have paid a bit extra to go BA as United staff are generally rude, abrasive, unorganised, and unaccomidatibg. I am encouraged to see a good review on the flight attendants. I'm hoping that the service has changed since I last flew united.