We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connection time Newark

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Connection time Newark

A friend is considering BOS>MUC>LHR>BOS. on United.

The return LHR>BOS is via Newark with 1hr 45m connection time.

Is this enough time?

Thank you!

1. Re: Connection time Newark

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 March 2014, 02:48
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
31,283 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Connection time Newark

I wouldn't say 1hr45 arriving off LHR-EWR is enough, even for a US citizen. Maybe if they have Global Entry and carry ons only. It's taken me (US) 1hr20 to clear immigration and customs there, and that's before switching terminals and reclearing security.

I'd be wanting 3hrs, even as a US citizen.

Edited: 28 March 2014, 01:17
Illinois
Level Contributor
17,231 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Connection time Newark

I'd book myself 3 hours as well, although I have booked 2 hours when the only other option was 5 or 6 hours. That said, the one time I connected int'l to domestic in EWR, I was at my next gate in 45 min (flying United back from Berlin, I think).

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Connection time Newark

Thanks folks! Ill pass it on.

Edited: 28 March 2014, 07:56
5. Re: Connection time Newark

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2015, 06:15