We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No Refundable 2 return tickets from Brisbane to Bali

Brisbane, Australia
7 posts
Save Topic
No Refundable 2 return tickets from Brisbane to Bali

Hi All,

Me and my partner has got 2 non refundable tickets from Brisbane to Bali ( 19th April to 23 April) $404 per ticket from Jetstar.

Due to Indonesia visa application requirements we had to booked the flight first but sadest part is they haven't granted us visa !!!!

I had a chat with Jet star and they said we can only change the dates or other passengers can take over the tickets.

Is there anyone who wants to fly? Or any Idea what I can do.

Any idea will help.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
361 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: No Refundable 2 return tickets from Brisbane to Bali

Hate to throw out the old cliché, but do you have a travel insurance provider? Unless the visa denial was due to something like a criminal record, previously blacklisted from Indonesia etc, it would be worth investigating.

Otherwise, you're probably out of luck. If there is a potential sob story behind the visa (perhaps treated unfairly by the Indonesian embassy), hitting up Jetstar on Twitter wouldn't do any harm either.

It will probably be difficult to 'sell' the ticket to a new person as the name change would require any fare differential to be paid (the same journey now costs at least $733 on Jetstar's website so will be an extra $329) plus a probable admin fee.

If you can't get rid of the ticket or persuade someone else to take it off your hands, keep hold of it nonetheless. Who knows....maybe the flight will have a massive delay or be cancelled. It's unlikely, but a greater than 1% chance of it happening. If it did, you've got the refund!

Brisbane, Australia
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: No Refundable 2 return tickets from Brisbane to Bali

The thing is we haven't got our permanent residency in Australia that's why they denied to give us travel visa!!!!!!! I never thought this would be an issue.... We have traveled so many places so far wouldn't realize this would be a reason being rejected!!!!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,349 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: No Refundable 2 return tickets from Brisbane to Bali

Just as a matter of interest, what passports were you going to travel on that you were not issued a visa?

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,874 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: No Refundable 2 return tickets from Brisbane to Bali

If you don't have permanent residency in Australia do you have a visa that will allow you back into Australia? It seems to me that Indonesia could be concerned that you weren't going to leave.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,132 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: No Refundable 2 return tickets from Brisbane to Bali

The failure of your visa application will have nothing to so with your residency stays and everything to do with the passport you are traveling on. It MAY be worthwhile contacting the Indonesian embassy to ask why you were denied but it probably won't affect the outcome.

It may also be worth asking if, under the circumstances, Jetstar will allow you to change your destination. The worst thing they can say is 'no'.

Brisbane, Australia
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: No Refundable 2 return tickets from Brisbane to Bali

Hi Guys,

Yes I have bridging visa, and I am permitted to travel anywhere outside Australia but not more than three months stay. And I am Bangladesh passport holder. I had a chat with Jetstar they can't do any refund or change destination. Really sucks :(. I will try to contact indonesian ambassy to double check I could submit any other documents that might help. Maybe be a letter from my employer.

7. Re: No Refundable 2 return tickets from Brisbane to Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2015, 05:17