We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seat request with partnership airline

London
Level Contributor
224 posts
Save Topic
Seat request with partnership airline

Hi there,

I have booked a flight return to Sydney via Dubai from London with Emirates. I am registered with Emirates frequent flyer/loyalty scheme. My flight however has Qantas flight numbers. Normally when I book with Emirates I can manage my booking and choose my seat.

I tried this and because the carrier is Qantas and not an Emirates plane, I was directed to Qantas seat option site. To be able to choose a seat, Qantas charge a minimum of AUSD25.00 per leg.

Can anyone tell me if I am exempt from this charge for a free service offered by Emirates or I have to stump up the cash to allocate seats?

Many thanks.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
63,218 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seat request with partnership airline

You have booked a Qantas flight through Emirate's web site.

This is called a code share flight. The policies of the airline with which you are flying(Qantas)

are the ones that apply for baggage and for seat selection and for checking in time etc.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
15,508 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seat request with partnership airline

Typically as poster #1 said, the policies of the operating airline apply. If Qantas charges to select a seat, you'll have to pay to select a seat.

3. Re: Seat request with partnership airline

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2015, 06:16