We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best flight plan to cabo from the uk?

Canterbury, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
What is the best flight plan to cabo from the uk?

hi all

this is my first post here and i'm looking for some info on flying to SJD international airport from the uk, Preferably a london airport. I flew last year from LHR to DFW and then from DFW to SJD and i was fairly reasonable on price, i think it was approx £600 rtn to DFW and then £250 rtn to SJD. is there a better way to go that is more cost effective and/or doesnt involve the TSA as they took fishing gear out of my case.

any help would be appreciated

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the best flight plan to cabo from the uk?

Only way to avoid TSA is to avoid flying via the US-what exactly was the problem with your fishing gear?

Edited: 30 March 2014, 10:15
London
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the best flight plan to cabo from the uk?

To avoid the TSA, your best bet is to go via MEX. I think Aeromexico have a non stop service from LHR, but not every day.

There's also likely to be a few options via MAD

Canterbury, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the best flight plan to cabo from the uk?

I think my fishing gear was too enticing to sly hands! I had a wallet full of fishing rigs and an expensive reel "disappear" from my case! to be honest i'm just looking for the route that will get me to SJD without having to wait around for a connecting flight for hrs upon hrs. if it means connecting in the us then i will.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the best flight plan to cabo from the uk?

Found one stoppers,found good prices,found short connection times too but not found all this on one ticket or one airline.

Notice in your OP that you mention two prices so would we be right in assuming that you bought two separate tickets and you have no aversion to the inherent risks involved in doing this? also what dates do you have in mind?

Canterbury, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the best flight plan to cabo from the uk?

yes, last time i booked return flights from LHR to DFW and then from DFW to SJD. these were booked seperatly and i've only just realised the risk we took. Ooops! but i am open to two seperate prices and am looking for 10days around the beginning of august.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the best flight plan to cabo from the uk?

Been racking my brains trying to find flights that take off and and land on the same day (in other words decent overall travelling time) and the best I could come up with was 05/08-15/08 £855 with AA flying DUB-LHR-DFW-SJD if like for like dates you got LHR-DFW-SJD at £850 (assume last leg was Spirit?) and you are happy to use them again, I'd take it

Edited: 30 March 2014, 17:04
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
18,264 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the best flight plan to cabo from the uk?

How do you know it was the TSA?

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the best flight plan to cabo from the uk?

Ita matrix .

Kendal,uk
Level Contributor
105 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is the best flight plan to cabo from the uk?

Hi

We have done this numerous times taking big game etc gear to Cabo.

The AA DFW and then AA to Cabo is one alternative and if you are lucky as you know you can connect in one go without having to overnight nr DFW airport. Another route we have used and prefer is to fly to Los Angeles and then use Alaska Airlines to Cabo. problem is that usually you have to overnight at a LA airport hotel and get early flight down in morning. Apart from this alternative I`m not aware of any other easy routes. I agree its a big pain if TSA decide to bust your locks especially when you have expensive gear in the bags.

Whatever you decide have a great trip and bend the rod. We never failed to catch Marlin on any day we targeted.

Bob

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: What is the best flight plan to cabo from the uk?

There are many travel sites provides flight tickets from UK. Compare airfare deals with Skyscanner.net, Dearflight.co.uk, Cheapflights.co.uk and Robinflights and get fantastic airfare deals.

Edited: 31 March 2014, 12:30