We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long to wait to buy Ryanair/Vueling tickets?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Topic
How long to wait to buy Ryanair/Vueling tickets?

I know it's difficult to say when is the best time to buy airline tickets, but how late should one wait to buy Ryanair/Vueling tickets? When do prices generally start skyrocketing?

Would it be 2 weeks before the departure date? Maybe earlier?

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long to wait to buy Ryanair/Vueling tickets?

I read a small article in Consumer Reports magazine (can't remember issue, but fairly recent) and their research shows 100-90 days from your flight, MOST airlines will have the lowest rates MOST of the time, with some airlines having periodic lower prices for a few hours on and off. If you decide to check online periodicaly, make sure to clear your cookies for that site as the "rumor" is, the sirline will track you and not lower "your" prices. Good Luck. Chuck. Chuck.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How long to wait to buy Ryanair/Vueling tickets?

Wow that's actually very savvy if the airlines keep track of your cookies, thanks!

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,190 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How long to wait to buy Ryanair/Vueling tickets?

Sound to me as if that report was discussing north American flight prices.

The safest course of action is to book as early as possible. European 'low-cost' flights usually only go up in price, they only rarely come down.

And the differences can be extreme. On the route I take most often from Nice, prices can vary from €50 to €300 according to the date of the flight and time of booking.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How long to wait to buy Ryanair/Vueling tickets?

European 'low-cost' flights usually only go up in price, they only rarely come down.

==================

Correct. Reply #1 refers to US flights. Have taken numerous Ryanair flights and none have lowered in price approaching the date of travel.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,531 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How long to wait to buy Ryanair/Vueling tickets?

Think if you click on the "flight link" at top of page, next to hotels, you can have a alert set up and TA sends you email when the flights are cheap.

6. Re: How long to wait to buy Ryanair/Vueling tickets?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 February 2015, 23:05
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,549 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How long to wait to buy Ryanair/Vueling tickets?

Post 6 reported for self promotion

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,394 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How long to wait to buy Ryanair/Vueling tickets?

"Would it be 2 weeks before the departure date? Maybe earlier?"

Depends on the route and when you're travelling. Ryanair usually have sales that cover the upcoming 2-3 months but if you're travelling at peak times to a popular destination I would not necessarily leave it that late to book.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How long to wait to buy Ryanair/Vueling tickets?

Old old OP Lex. Awoken just before death by an annoying spamming necroposter.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
39,567 posts
1,135 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How long to wait to buy Ryanair/Vueling tickets?

<<If you decide to check online periodicaly, make sure to clear your cookies for that site as the "rumor" is, the sirline will track you and not lower "your" prices.>>

Interesting. Guess that UA does not employ the "cookie monster," as I often am checking schedules many times, prior to booking, and the prices stay the same for days on end - then rise, as fare buckets fill up. I might look at the same flights, a half-dozen times a day, over three days, trying to get the ultimate schedule, and the price holds. Not sure how that happens?

Hunt