We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IAH connecting from terminal A to E...

Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
IAH connecting from terminal A to E...

I just booked a ticket for an upcoming trip to Managua (which I understand will depart through terminal E). I will be arriving from Toronto (terminal A). I have less than an hour, if airlines are on time, to make the connection!

Flights from Toronto have US customs/immigration pre-clearance so there shouldn't be a wait from that end.

Since it will be a connecting flight will I be going through security? Can I take TerminaLink from A to E? Once I reach terminal E is there additional security I will need to go through? I'm just trying to gather as much info as I can since it will be a very tight connection!

Thanks for any help that is offered!

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
31,635 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IAH connecting from terminal A to E...

You will not need to reclear security at IAH. You will clear US security (administered by CATSA) at YYZ before your US flight and arrive as a domestic passenger.

An hour is tight, but with an on time arrival you should make it to your gate without a problem.

Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IAH connecting from terminal A to E...

Thanks, I'm prepared to jog if I have to! I'm a seasoned traveller, but It's been years since I've been through Houston!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,718 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: IAH connecting from terminal A to E...

The map makes it look deceptively close, but it's a little bit of a hike to get from the A gates to the TerminaLink tram - just keep your eyes peeled because it's in between the 2 parts of the A Terminal.

https:/…iah.aspx

toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: IAH connecting from terminal A to E...

Do you know if there is a train connecting the 2 terminals? I will be arriving to terminal A on Air Canada, then United Airline to Lima via terminal E. It is an one hour layover time as well.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,718 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: IAH connecting from terminal A to E...

savvy_travellor016: This post is about the tram which connects A to E. Read the previous posts above. Follow signs for TerminaLink and see the links posted (do not leave the secure area). I'm confused why you didn't see this already. One hour is not a lot of time, so proceed as quickly as possible. It's also a possibility that your connecting flight will already be boarding by the time you get there. Have your passport handy, because they will likely recheck it at the Terminal E gate, too.

6. Re: IAH connecting from terminal A to E...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2015, 06:16