We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

norwegian air check in and baording pass

chesterfeild
Level Contributor
432 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
norwegian air check in and baording pass

due to fly with them friday i have document with my details on

its says on website you can check in online 24 hours before at home and print out boarding pass

if i check in online can i print boarding pass at airport as my printer is acting up

thanks

41 replies to this topic
Wales
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: norwegian air check in and baording pass

I've flown twice with Norwegian in the past couple of weeks, and both times we were expected to "check in" at self-service booths at the airport. The first time (outbound) we'd already printed our boarding passes, but had to print luggage tags at the booth; for the return, we'd checked in but hadn't printed the boarding passes or luggage tags, so did that at the airport.

if you've paid for luggage, the only thing that we found a bit confusing is that you have to press "Add luggage" to print off the tag. It does sound as if you press this if you want to add luggage to your booking, and pay for it (which you can still do at this point), but if you've already paid for luggage, it will be recognised and all it does is print off the tag.

So in other words, you should be fine!

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: norwegian air check in and baording pass

I do nt know but any reason why you can't save it asa PDF and then email to a friend to print out on your behalf?or print at work?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,558 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: norwegian air check in and baording pass

"if i check in online can i print boarding pass at airport as my printer is acting up"

Yes, it's not required to print from home.

chesterfeild
Level Contributor
432 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: norwegian air check in and baording pass

thanks

so what do i do say if i check in online do i go to a self check booth do i show passport would it then say im already check in and an option to print boarding pass ? do they still require booking ref number just to print b pass if already checked in at home?

or is it better to queue at counter? we only have hand luggage

Wales
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: norwegian air check in and baording pass

At the airports I used (Gatwick and Oslo Gardermoen) it wasn't possible to check in at the counters - you HAVE to use the booths.

You'll need your booking reference, and just tap it in at the booth - your booking details will show on the screen, and as you suggest it'll recognise that you've checked in. Just choose the option to print the boarding passes.

If you did need to check in luggage you'd have to show your boarding pass to a member of staff (who acts as a gatekeeper if you try to get to the desk without going to the booth first!). Then you put your luggage on the belt and use the scanner to swipe the bar code on your luggage label.

If you don't have luggage you just go straight to security after using the booth. Passports weren't needed at the check-in points at all.

It was all very new to me, but it was absolutely fine, and no need to worry about not being able to use a printer at home.

chesterfeild
Level Contributor
432 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: norwegian air check in and baording pass

thanks

ive heard you can have the boarding pass send to your phone as a sms message? that would save time going to the kiosks

flying from machester to sweden then sweden to new york both norw air

time between lanidng in sweden and plane leaving for new york is 35 mins

chesterfeild
Level Contributor
432 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: norwegian air check in and baording pass

also

if i have to check in/print boarding pass at airport i need to know that when you put in yout booking ref number i hope it does not show how much flight cost

i do not wnat husband to knwo how expensive it cost

please reassure me that the price is never shown?

Wales
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: norwegian air check in and baording pass

Ha ha, I don't think the price showed when we checked in - but I'm not 100% sure, I have to admit!

I'm not sure what the procedure would be if the boarding pass is sent to your phone - maybe someone else has experience of that.

chesterfeild
Level Contributor
432 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: norwegian air check in and baording pass

im really worried if i choose to print boarding pass at airport kiosk they l ask for ref number and price shows?

hope not

i will do online check in today

do norweigan have a measuring stand at the gate? as my hand baggage is slightly over the 10 kilos and longer than 55cm

i cannot afford the hold baggage prices

thanks

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,763 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: norwegian air check in and baording pass

I would hope they are strict so why take the chance, of not only being oversize but overweight as well. It would be just as expensive to have to pay to check your hand luggage at the airport as prebooking a case.

Reply to: norwegian air check in and baording pass
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted