We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Let down by eDreams

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
9 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Let down by eDreams

In August 2013 I booked flights from Spain where I reside to travel to UK in May 2014.... to take advantage of reduced costs, flying with British Airways.

I gave credit card details and in a flash received a confirmation that the booking had been made and flights confirmed. Additionally, because my partner is DISABLEDI also received a questionnaire about her disability, which we duly completed and returned to e Dreams. They acknowledged receipt.

As a result we reserved a rented car and paid the full amount.

In March of 2014, I sent 3 emails.... BUT no reply received. With no reply, I telephoned (from Spain ... at no little cost) and spoke to a representative, who told me that British Airways cancelled my booking because they would not accept my partner as a disabled passenger. She only has problems with her knees and cannot walk long distances; otherwise she is fine.

I questioned him why eDreams had not told me in EIGHT MONTHS! His response was he felt that I was 'disrespecting' him, as he was simply responding to my query. So, if he could not answer, I asked to speak to a supervisor or manager. Apparently (and I have several times replayed my recording of the conversation) the "managers do not answer their 'phones".. (not difficult to understand why). He refused to give me the name of eDreams' CEO, nor their address.

At no time were voices raised, swear words uttered no words of abuse used by either party... to be (more than) fair to him. Eventually an impasse was reached and he simply hung up on me.

The following day I received an email from eDreams apologising for cancelling the flight, and offering a £ 20 voucher towards my NEXT eDreams booking ... as if I would use them again.

I contacted British Airways who denied EVER receiving such a booking and categorically stated that they would 'NEVER EVER' refuse access to "a Person with Reduced Mobility".

eDreams caused me to cancel my car hire (cancellation fee € 90).

Other disgruntled clients might want to follow my lead to promulgate this company. I have printed several hundred leaflets and NEVER fail to leave handfuls of them at airports, restaurants and places of entertainment on the Costa Blanca advising the public about the service I received. They can then make up their own minds.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Let down by eDreams

Other disgruntled clients might want to follow my lead

------

There are several threads in here, one with more than 400 posts, a couple with 200+, all mostly complaining about eDreams. Join the queue at the back.

( of course BA would not cancel a booking because of disability, apart from anything else, it would be illegal)

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Let down by eDreams

The first complaint about eDreams was posted on March, 2010. It would benefit you and others to read some of the other postings before you click the "buy" button. Chuck.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
61,331 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Let down by eDreams

>>>Other disgruntled clients might want to follow my lead to promulgate this company<<<

They already have, going back years, but you still used them. Oops!

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Let down by eDreams

I have printed several hundred leaflets and NEVER fail to leave handfuls of them at airports, restaurants and places of entertainment....

--------------------------

Really? Do yourself, the establishments and the environment a favour by stopping this silliness. It will not make a blind bit of difference to Edreams.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,604 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Let down by eDreams

Fools and their money will always be parted, whether due to using sites like cheapoair or edreams

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Let down by eDreams

>> I have printed several hundred leaflets and NEVER fail to leave handfuls of them at airports, restaurants and places of entertainment....<<

the only person you are inconveniencing here is yourself and the people who own or manage the places you leave them. I would stop this immediately, its just daft. There is a huge amount of data available on how bad edreans are, but it makes no difference at all to the people who use them, who simply see a saving and rush to book without researching the entity they are booking with first.

I also suspect some of them do know, but chose to believe it wont happen to them and go ahead and use them anyway.

anyway, stop with the leaflets, you are just littering.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,271 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Let down by eDreams

Stop this madness, you screwed up by booking a ticket with eDreams rather than directly with BA. Presumably, thinking you might save a couple of quid in the precess.

Move on.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
832 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Let down by eDreams

I am continually astonished at the number of people who are utterly incapable of finding TA in order to research a company before they book, yet who have no problems whatsoever finding it to complain after everything goes pear-shaped. It's mind-boggling.

9. Re: Let down by eDreams

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 April 2014, 14:05
East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,500 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Let down by eDreams

I am continually astonished at the number of people who are utterly incapable of finding TA in order to research a company before they book, yet who have no problems whatsoever finding it to complain after everything goes pear-shaped. It's mind-boggling.

======================================

I agree with this but the OP can't even use that excuse because they joined TA in February 2012.