We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
London, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
What annoys you the most when travelling?

Here are some of the things which I find annoying and I would like to see what other travelers find annoying.

1. The PA system. The loud ding dong followed by an announcement, usually a final boarding call, then a final-final boarding call, then a more aggressive final-final boarding call.

2. Stiff officials. I mean in terms of attitude, not anything else. Impolite. Like, when you are going through the immigration process and someone wants to know what's in your hand luggage; I like to be asked politely. I don't like to be ordered to open my bag. When I am travelling through Scandinavia, there is no problem, everyone seems polite, but some officials elsewhere can ruin the first few days of a holiday.

3. Late passengers who sit next to me. If someone has been running from gate number 1 to gate 55 and arrive dripping in sweat, the attendants should show them to the bathroom and give them the courtesy freshen up kit. It's only a matter of time before they start to issue a fine to late passengers.

What things annoy you when travelling?

London, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: What annoys you the most when travelling?

I didn't say that the officials were stiff in London; we set a good example of how to have a balance being strict and polite at the appropriate times. In some countries the officials act like they are doing you a favor by allowing you to travel and that attitude comes over like a gatekeeper.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: What annoys you the most when travelling?

Never been asked about the contents of my hand luggage at immigration;-)

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,900 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: What annoys you the most when travelling?

>>>In some countries the officials act like they are doing you a favor by allowing you to travel and that attitude comes over like a gatekeeper<<<

Well in sense that's what they are, and that's their job. They aren't employed to sing and dance to welcome you.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,494 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: What annoys you the most when travelling?

Sick people sitting near me who are coughing up a lung, sneezing, etc. I feel trapped in a germ fest with no way out and just pray that I won't get sick on vacation.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
29,678 posts
546 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: What annoys you the most when travelling?

Possible flight cancellations, leaving late, arriving late, long q's in passport kontrol.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
620 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: What annoys you the most when travelling?

Pax with colds or coughs who do not wear masks, crying babies, uncontrolled toddlers, and especially pax behind who haul themselves up by my seat back to get up, or who cannot sit down again without leaning in on the seat back.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: What annoys you the most when travelling?

Passengers who leave their manners and common sense in the parking lot.

Eastlake, Ohio
Level Contributor
647 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: What annoys you the most when travelling?

DYKWIA..Do you know who I am people? People act like they are royalty or uber-famous and demand the airline employees 100% attention. Or those who just act like spoiled brats

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,048 posts
351 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: What annoys you the most when travelling?

When your luggage doesn't arrive with you at the destination.

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: What annoys you the most when travelling?

Specifically about air travel:

- When passengers try to board before their group and pretend that they didn't realize (yeah, sure.).

- Passengers who repeatedly are asked by F.A.'s to turn off phones and ignore them.

- When the passenger gets up multiple times during the flight and grasps the back of my seat, shaking it.

Other than that, it's all good!