We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin-Glasgow. Glasgow-Barra

South Fremantle...
Level Contributor
7 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Dublin-Glasgow. Glasgow-Barra

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me... I have found a flight from Dublin to Glasgow that arrives in Glasgow Int Airport at 7.55am and then a flight to Barra that departs at 8.50am. Is this doable?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,950 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin-Glasgow. Glasgow-Barra

Which airlines? And would both flights be on the same ticket or would they be on separate tickets?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,900 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin-Glasgow. Glasgow-Barra

Since the flight from DUB to GLA will be with Aer Arann and GLA to BRR one operated by Flybe that will very likely mean separate tickets. If you will have a bag to check then keep in mind that the Flybe check in at GLA will close at 0820, so any delay from Dublin or on arrival at GLA will mean missing the flight to BRR.

Flights to Barra are limited, and if I were making the trip (and I would like to experience an arrival or departure at that (very) STOL airport), I would be tempted to fly to Glasgow the day before rather than book a tight connection.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,950 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin-Glasgow. Glasgow-Barra

If separate tickets, then next to no chance, especially with a checked bag (which could take 15 minutes to appear on the carousel). I agree, fly to GLA the day before.

And yes, there was a discussion on Aer Lingus (who market Aer Arran flights) and Flybe a week or so ago where it was confirmed that those airlines don't have an interline agreement.

Edited: 05 April 2014, 05:35
South Fremantle...
Level Contributor
7 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dublin-Glasgow. Glasgow-Barra

Thanks very much for your advice.

South Fremantle...
Level Contributor
7 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dublin-Glasgow. Glasgow-Barra

Can you tell me whether I could leave buying tickets until I get there or will I not be able to get them or will they be hideously expensive? (In Australia the closer to flying date you get the more expensive the flights are).

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
8,416 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dublin-Glasgow. Glasgow-Barra

With only 19 seats that would be risky and prices will be very expensive on the day of departure.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dublin-Glasgow. Glasgow-Barra

Book now as smudge suggests because your problem will be seat availability more than price, then it's out the way and one less thing to worry about

8. Re: Dublin-Glasgow. Glasgow-Barra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2015, 06:16