We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair online check-in deadlines

CUMBRIA
Level Contributor
571 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair online check-in deadlines

Hi all

Just thought I would post this in-case it helps anyone waiting to check in for their flight. The new Ryanair check-in times state that if you have not paid to select your seat you can check in for your flight 7 days before. However I have checked in for my flights to and from Tenerife leaving 16th April and returning 23rd April so the 15 day check-in time is still working on the website even if you haven't paid to select your seats. I also mentioned this on another post as we (as a family of 5) have also been allocated seats together across one row. Very happy with the new changes up to now :-)

Paisley
Level Contributor
6 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Ryanair online check-in deadlines

Thank you to every one who has told me how easy it is to print out boarding passes on holiday. This may be alright for those who go on package holidays to busy resorts. Obviously you haven't experienced a nice quiet holiday in a rented house in a small, tranquil French village.

Not everyone feels it necessary to own a smart phone or pay exhorbitant overseas data charges, always assuming that Ryanair accept a telephone screen as a check-in document.

Maybe Ryanair should take yet another leaf out of Easyjet's books. They don't have any problem in allowing check-in 30 days before departure.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,545 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Ryanair online check-in deadlines

Why wouldn't Ryanair accept a telephone screen as a boarding pass? They've just introduced the mobile boarding passes so people can check in whilst away, and don't have to print a boarding pass.

I find it hard to believe that at some point in time on a 14 night holiday you won't be somewhere that has free wi-fi (in return for buying a drink etc). Data roaming isn't expensive these days, with lots of companies, and on lots of plans. I really can't see what all the fuss is about. How do you think people that went for more than 14 nights managed before they changed the check in deadlines?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Ryanair online check-in deadlines

Not everyone feels it necessary to own a smart phone or pay exhorbitant overseas data charges, always assuming that Ryanair accept a telephone screen as a check-in document.

======

Post 3 tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k76262…

Edited: 02 August 2014, 18:21
Paisley
Level Contributor
6 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Ryanair online check-in deadlines

Thank you to all the Ryanair employees and sycophants who have responded in such glowing terms. I'll be looking elsewhere for a carrier in future.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Ryanair online check-in deadlines

Absolutely you should fly with someone else. I presume you'll be cutting your nose off to spite your face at the same time, assuming you only chose Ryanair on price in the first place?

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,545 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Ryanair online check-in deadlines

<<Thank you to all the Ryanair employees and sycophants who have responded in such glowing terms>>

and it took you to your third post to trot that one out. Well done. Sorry, not a record!

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Ryanair online check-in deadlines

LOL. Poor Buddy. He can probably print his return boarding pass on the morning of his outbound flight if he's only away for 7 days.

He'll be taking one of the options given to him such as the app with wifi. And he'll be back flying Ryanair soon enough.... Ryanair serve lots of airports close to tranquil French villages.

Edited: 02 August 2014, 22:43
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,228 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Ryanair online check-in deadlines

I'll be looking elsewhere for a carrier in future.

==================

Absolutely but I would avoid Easyjet and BA.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Ryanair online check-in deadlines

Ryanair did say that they were going to become more customer friendly.

======

They have done.

Minor typos are corrected free of charge (as policy)

You can have your boarding passes on a mobile phone.

You can check in 30 days in advance.

Seats are allocated in advance so you dont need to elbow your way onto the plane.

You can take an extra bag on board.

If you let them allocate seats for free, they dont scatter your party all over the plane.

Did you forget those?

Edited: 02 August 2014, 23:38
Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
229 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Ryanair online check-in deadlines

A Buddy, you won't use anyone else as you booked Ryanair due to price, and that is all that was important to you.