We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Canada Vacations Changed Flight By Two Days!

1 post
Save Topic
Air Canada Vacations Changed Flight By Two Days!

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? I just got a notification from Air Canada Vacations saying that my flight/vacation package to Punta Cana now leaves on Friday May 2 instead of Sunday May 4th. I can either accept the changes, or receive a refund. Prices for all other operators is $200+ more expensive than what I paid so I can't accept the refund and just re-book, and I can't just go to a different resort because I'm attending a wedding. Anyone have any ideas!?!

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Canada Vacations Changed Flight By Two Days!

Well your options are

1/ Accept the refund and rebook and cough up the additonal 200 bucks,,the longer you wait the higher the price.

2/ Accept the change and stay in a different resort for the first two nights and then move to your resort.

3/ Accept the change and stay the additional two nights in your planned resort.

Check your travel insurance to see if it covers this. But if the airline can't offer an alternate flight, you will need to pick one of the three options above.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Canada Vacations Changed Flight By Two Days!

and I can't just go to a different resort because I'm attending a wedding.

======

Really? They don't have taxis in Punta Cana?

Berkeley, CA
Level Contributor
572 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Canada Vacations Changed Flight By Two Days!

How dumb of me. My immediate thought was that the problem for the op was that he might have to take 2 additional days off work and pay for 2 additional days at a hotel. Obviously the more likely explanation is that the op never heard of taxis.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Canada Vacations Changed Flight By Two Days!

Travis B, happens all the time. Either accept the refund and rebook or accept the date change. My own wedding was changed by two days from Transat Holidays. It happens, you have to deal with it.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
966 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Canada Vacations Changed Flight By Two Days!

It happens all the time?

In other words, there are no guarantees that a company whose sole business is providing vacation packages will honor its commitment -- you pays your money and you takes your chances.

As an elderly relative used to say: "that's no way to run a railroad"...

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Canada Vacations Changed Flight By Two Days!

Airlines change schedules all the time, it happens. As an agent I deal with this daily. Not much you can do.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
966 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Canada Vacations Changed Flight By Two Days!

I have heard of schedules changing by a few hours or maybe even a day. But two full days is a bit of a stretch, particularly when the vacation company is related to the airline.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Canada Vacations Changed Flight By Two Days!

Honestly, it happens all the time. I am an agent that deals with it. My own wedding had to be changed by two days and it was hard getting my venue at that late time for 2 days later. With charter airlines and companies that own their own airlines, they are the worst for this.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Canada Vacations Changed Flight By Two Days!

How dumb of me. My immediate thought was that the problem for the op was that he might have to take 2 additional days off work and pay for 2 additional days at a hotel. Obviously the more likely explanation is that the op never heard of taxis.

-----

the OP never mentioned time off work being a problem (it's at a weekend anyway) just the different venue. Indeed I get the impression he gets two extra weeks vacation for free.

10. Re: Air Canada Vacations Changed Flight By Two Days!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 April 2014, 03:35