We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One way ticket from kIX to Hong Kong

MALAYSIA
Level Contributor
277 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
One way ticket from kIX to Hong Kong

My husband would be flying Osaka for a week from Kuala Lumpur.

Which airline sell one way ticket from Osaka to Hong Kong.

We would be fly for Hong Kong or Guanzhou back to Malaysia.

Thank you for your suggesstions.

Shantou, China
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One way ticket from kIX to Hong Kong

What is your nationality?

I ask because Hong Kong will allow most nationalities to go land-side if you have to stay overnight. In China this is limited to only 30 nationalities. Check before choosing Guangzhou.

Although Guangzhou do have check-in desks before immigration for you to get a new boarding pass, if you have a long wait you might get bored.

To Osaka from HK - try Dragonair/Cathay or ANA/Japan Airlines.

To Osaka from GZ - try China Southern.

Or KL to Osaka - check Air Asia/Jet Airways or flying from Singapore

MALAYSIA
Level Contributor
277 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One way ticket from kIX to Hong Kong

I am a Malaysian. I fly air asiax from KL to Osaka. Stay for a week in Osaka. From Osaka , I want fo fly one way to Hong Kong. Taking a cruise from Hong Kong to Hong Kong for a week. I might either fly out to KL from Hong Kong via Air Asia. or fly out from Guanzhou or Shenzhen after staying a few days in China via air asia to Kuala lumpur.

I tried ANA site, but does not allow to book from Japan.

Thank you.

Shantou, China
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One way ticket from kIX to Hong Kong

You will not get a visa on arrival at Guangzhou. You are not one of the magical 51 nationalities - sorry. So, unless if you have a visa - discount going to GZ.

Have you looked at Malaysia airways. I heard that since they lost that flight, the Chinese are avoiding that airline like the plague. Might be able to pick up some cheap deals there. OR AirAsia from Hong Kong. Also check for departures from Macau.

www.skyscanner.net

This is useful to look at

MALAYSIA
Level Contributor
277 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One way ticket from kIX to Hong Kong

I already have my China Visa.

I only want a one way ticket from Osaka to Hong Kong.

Thank you again.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
361 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: One way ticket from kIX to Hong Kong

Cheapest fares will be with :

Peach

http://www.flypeach.com/home.aspx

Air India

https://book.airindia.in/itd/itd/Air

Hong Kong Express

http://www.hkexpress.com/

MALAYSIA
Level Contributor
277 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One way ticket from kIX to Hong Kong

thank you PinkAardvark,

I will use Hong Kong Express. Time is neither too early or too late.

God Bless You.

MALAYSIA
Level Contributor
277 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One way ticket from kIX to Hong Kong

Dear trip advisors,

After going thru the trip advisors reviews, I found that all the above 3 flights are just as bad. Can anybody advice which is the best amongst the thee flights. I am desperate to have a one way ticket from Osaka to Hong Kong. Tks

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11,415 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One way ticket from kIX to Hong Kong

Peach or HK Express would be my choice. Don't get distressed about the bad reviews...

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
59,131 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One way ticket from kIX to Hong Kong

Don't worry about flight reviews. It's just a 3+ hour flight and it's nothing special. Just go with whichever airline that has the right schedule and pricing for your needs.

If you are very worried about delays, you will have to use one of the larger carriers since they have multiple flights daily or will even fork your fare to another airline to get you to HKG if necessary. Of course, prices might be more expensive.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
32,512 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: One way ticket from kIX to Hong Kong

"Don't worry about flight reviews. "

Absolutely. The overwhelming majority of "negative" reviews are rants from people who didn't read the terms and conditions when booking and then got stung for baggage fees, change fees when wanting to change flights, and no refunds on non-refundable tickets. And the airline staff who point this out are described as "rude".

That's unlike you, who are doing the right thing and researching before you buy.

If you went by all the "Do not fly", "Avoid", or "Scam" threads you wouldn't have any airline to fly, apart from Air Koryo to Pyongyang (which for obvious reasons doesn't get reviewed).