We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US ESTA Questions

Sevenoaks, England...
13 posts
Save Topic
US ESTA Questions

Hi Guys,

Looking at applying for ESTA's for our upcoming holiday to America but have a few questions I'm sure someone will know the answer to!

1. Can we apply together or do we have to do individual applications for each of the people travelling?

2. My Dad is waiting for a his renewed passport to be delivered - do we need to wait for that to arrive before we apply?

3. We are doing several flights during our holiday and the application asks for City Where You are Boarding, Flight Numbers etc - do we just do our initial flight from Heathrow to San Francisco or do we need to somehow provide info for all of them?

Many thanks!

Jon :)

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: US ESTA Questions

1) individually

2) you must wait for passport as you will not have the number to put on your ESTA application.

3) just the initial flight is what is required.

Edited: 13 April 2014, 15:55
Sevenoaks, England...
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: US ESTA Questions

Excellent, thanks very much!

London
Level Contributor
715 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: US ESTA Questions

Actually flight details are optional (though you'll need them for API but in that case only the first flight will be required).

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: US ESTA Questions

For 1) I meant to say individually, however I believe they can all be done and paid for under one application.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: US ESTA Questions

Note also that the ESTA is connected to your passport, if you change your passport you need to apply for a new ESTA.

Make sure to apply only through the official website not one of the rip off agencies you will find on a google search.

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
498 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: US ESTA Questions

As per #3 a lot of info (flight numbers, destination, etc) is optional. I applied for a new one last month in case of rerouting via the US, as such I didnt and couldn't fill in that information. It cleared nonetheless

7. Re: US ESTA Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2015, 05:16