We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emirates A380

West Midlands
Level Contributor
436 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Emirates A380

Hi there

Flying Birmingham to Bangkok (via Dubai) on the Emirates A380. Just wondering if anyone has flown on this and what your experience was like. Have flown with Emirates before and was very happy with them. Also going to the A380 hub in Dubai has anybody got their experience to share in relation to the hub also.

Many thanks in advance.

Jo x

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,484 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Emirates A380

There are lots of previous posts regarding the A380. Use the search box above your question in the shaded area and enter keywords to see them.

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Emirates A380

We flew on the Emirates A380 returning from Dubai to Heathrow and we're very impressed. I must admit, it's weird knowing there's a whole other level above you (if you're in economy).

My only complaint was that it took ages getting off and receiving our luggage as there are so many people on the flight.

The flight itself was very smooth and quieter than other types of aircraft.

Hope this helps.

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Emirates A380

Always prefer flying the A380 on EK as roomier than the 777 and a quieter and more relaxing flight. If you are worried about length of time getting of try and get a seat in rows 42-45 as its at the front of the cabin if in Economy however there will be traffic for the toilets.

If both flights are on A380 it will enable a smoother transfer in Dubai. The hub itself has everything you require although can get busy early morning.

I'm going through from SIN-LHR this evening Always my preferred non direct route.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,406 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Emirates A380

The "A380 hub in Dubai" is concourse A of Terminal 3. It is connected by a fully automated 'tram' to the main building of Terminal 3. It is very nice and modern as it was only opened in 2013.

London
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Emirates A380

Always my preferred non direct route.

Just out of curiousity, why?

I cannot see why it would be preferable to go via DXB, over the direct offerings from SQ and BA. Is the price much better?

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Emirates A380

If I am going non direct I try to use EK for inflight product and to maintain miles.

Generally SQ are dearer and I am not a fan of BA personally but off course if the price is good I'd always opt for direct.

London, United...
Level Contributor
931 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Emirates A380

I have just had the best flight of my life ! First time on the A380, from Dubai to Heathrow. I was a sceptic when these big things were being talked about a few years ago, but wow, how comfy they are ! I was connecting from Lusaka on the much smaller 777, what a difference in comfort and flight quality. Well done Airbus and Emirates of course !

8. Re: Emirates A380

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 05:17