We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fly Qatar Airways, Asiana or Hainan AIrlines?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
10 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Fly Qatar Airways, Asiana or Hainan AIrlines?

Hi everyone! I need to travel on next July from Beijing to my hometown in Costa Rica. I've got several options (that fit my budget) to make this long trip. Basically, I've narrowed the options to three of them:

1) PEK-DOH-MIA (and then connecting to SJO) on Qatar Airways (77W & 77L respectively)

2) PEK-ORD (and then connecting to SJO) on Hainan Airlines (787)

3) PEK-ICN-LAX (and then connecting to SJO) on Asiana Arlines (A333 & 77L respectively)

According to Skytrax, all these 3 airlines are 5 stars, so I don't know which one would provide me a better service/experience in ECONOMY class.

I know the route by Qatar Airways is much longer than the other 2 options, but I really don't mind about the distance/time. I'm a little fanatic of aviation/airlines and all that and so I love long flights (even if it sounds a little crazy haha).

Also, all of those options have almost the same price. Therefore I want to take the decision exclusively based on which airline is better in economy class (in terms of confort, service, IFE, food, etc.)... Could you please give me some advice/opinions based on your experiencies with these airlines? Which one do you recommend me to fly with?

I really appreciate any information you could provide me in order to help me making up my mind about this trip...

Thanks in advance!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
10 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Fly Qatar Airways, Asiana or Hainan AIrlines?

Oh really? Great! And given the fact that DOH-MIA inaugural flight is on June 10th, it will propably be operated from the new airport then... hmmm, that just makes complicates my decision haha

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
14,789 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Fly Qatar Airways, Asiana or Hainan AIrlines?

I would eliminate Qatar simply because connecting in MIA is horrendous. You'll have to clear us immigration even though you are just transiting and MIA is about the worst USA airport for lines at immigration.

13. Re: Fly Qatar Airways, Asiana or Hainan AIrlines?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2015, 06:17