We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FLIGHT HUB!! BEWARE!! Wonky website & bad customer service

Calgary, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
FLIGHT HUB!! BEWARE!! Wonky website & bad customer service

I booked on their website and after verifying and confirming my flight, the website took forever to load the booking confirmation and gave me THE WRONG ITINERARY. When I immediately called to have this rectified, they told me the website does this when the flight you want is sold out and it gives you another random flight. I had to fight to get a refund and they are refusing to waive the cancellation fees of $150!!! I spoke to a ''manager '' and he said they don't believe their website had a bug and it is my fault!!! I am out -$150 in cancellation fees and will take up to 10 days for them to refund me. BEWARE!!!!!!

25 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FLIGHT HUB!! BEWARE!! Wonky website & bad customer service

Ehrm, don't be silly, that would be illegal unless you agree to it in the terms and conditions, which actually don't have this condition, so it did not happen.

You booked the wrong itinerary. It's not a system bug, deliberate or otherwise. Nice try though.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,254 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: FLIGHT HUB!! BEWARE!! Wonky website & bad customer service

Just checked with a some flights I know they are sold out and they also do not show up.

It is always better to buy directly with an airline.

What you describe would be fraud. However, I agree that there are many strange websites out there attracting people based on greed and hoping that they will not research first and also not read the T&C's. But there is still a difference between attracting people based on greed and fraud.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,558 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: FLIGHT HUB!! BEWARE!! Wonky website & bad customer service

"When I immediately called to have this rectified, they told me the website does this when the flight you want is sold out and it gives you another random flight"

If this is indeed what they said it could be that what was meant was that if you *search* for a flight and there are no seats available, the system suggests an alternative. If so, you might not have noticed and proceeded to book without checking the details. It's hard to believe even the dodgiest 3rd party site would randomly book a customer on a flight they didn't ask for.

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,444 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: FLIGHT HUB!! BEWARE!! Wonky website & bad customer service

$150 to find out it is always better to book direct with the airline seems like a rather cheap lesson to me.

5. Re: FLIGHT HUB!! BEWARE!! Wonky website & bad customer service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 April 2014, 21:29

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: FLIGHT HUB!! BEWARE!! Wonky website & bad customer service

" caveat emptor".or ""Let the buyer beware", for the benefit of the OP.

You checked the box, you accepted the trip YOU had booked, and I don't normally resort to shouty capitals, but in this case I will make an exception..

UTTER NONSENSE,...

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,558 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: FLIGHT HUB!! BEWARE!! Wonky website & bad customer service

"I got a call from their head office and there was actually an issue with their site"

That doesn't square well your earlier statement:

"I spoke to a ''manager '' and he said they don't believe their website had a bug and it is my fault!!!

If the call came at a later stage it was pretty disingenuous to leave it out of your original post!

8. Re: FLIGHT HUB!! BEWARE!! Wonky website & bad customer service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 April 2014, 22:05

Boston
Level Contributor
923 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: FLIGHT HUB!! BEWARE!! Wonky website & bad customer service

Wonky, I like that word.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: FLIGHT HUB!! BEWARE!! Wonky website & bad customer service

Yep- something's "wonky" alright- I'm thinking it's the poster Vanessa....

Reply to: FLIGHT HUB!! BEWARE!! Wonky website & bad customer service
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted