We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Austrian/Tyrolean Airways from Tokyo to Vienna

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,045 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Austrian/Tyrolean Airways from Tokyo to Vienna

Hi,

Has anyone recently flown this route with Austrian /Tyrolean Airways in Business Class?

Can anyone tell me if they have the "throne" seats on this route for solo passengers?

Any comments appreciated and welcomed.

Hemi:)

London, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Austrian/Tyrolean Airways from Tokyo to Vienna

All long haul routes operated by Austrian include such seats in Business Class. I flew Vienna-Bangkok twice last year, and yes solo passengers can book the "throne seats", but the forward half of the cabin (and the front cabin) throne seats are reserved for Lufthansa group Miles & More Senator and HON Circle members, although they may be allocated to Star Alliance Gold Members at check in.

I got one myself, even though I am NZ Gold, albeit in the back of the cabin.

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,045 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Austrian/Tyrolean Airways from Tokyo to Vienna

Thank you.

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,045 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Austrian/Tyrolean Airways from Tokyo to Vienna

Did you find the legroom less than the normal 2 seat arrangement? i have heard legroom is less in throne seats, just wondered what your impression was.

London, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Austrian/Tyrolean Airways from Tokyo to Vienna

I haven't been in the two seat pair in the new Austrian Business Class, so I can't comment.

I found the arrangement fine, although your legs do feel a little constrained stuck in the cubby hole between the seats in front, it is far better than the older angled-lie-flat seats I flew on 3x before on Austrian over the years.

The key advantage is not having someone snoring next to you, which I did have once on Austrian!

On Austrian Business I'd say by far the best aspect of the product is food/catering, which is exceptional, easily the best I've had in Business Class. The inflight entertainment system whilst having a big screen and easy to navigate, has a very limited selection. I wouldn't be relying on it for hours of entertainment, but then all my recent Austrian flights have been long overnight segments that I've slept through with one movie worth watching with dinner and I took a book.

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,045 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Austrian/Tyrolean Airways from Tokyo to Vienna

Thanks Liberty. Much appreciated .:)

6. Re: Austrian/Tyrolean Airways from Tokyo to Vienna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2015, 05:15