We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air France & KLM to introduce etagging & etracking for bags!

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,540 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Air France & KLM to introduce etagging & etracking for bags!

This seems like a great idea by Air France and KLM to track luggage...hope other airlines follow suit soon.

npr.org/blogs/…

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,671 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air France & KLM to introduce etagging & etracking for bags!

Hi,

Interesting.. The first thing that strikes me, or I'd like to know/see how it's been addressed, is the risk that it (the tag) is somehow torn/ripped off during transit on a conveyor or similar automated device.

I've seen LOTS of handles, tags, labels, rollers/feet, under baggage belts in my years, so while the handling equipment today is better than before, I'd like to know how this issue was addressed in the design phase.

Travel Safe,

2. Re: Air France & KLM to introduce etagging & etracking for bags!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2015, 06:16