We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin

Level Contributor
199 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Virgin

We have paid for extra legroom seats; if we dont checkin online 24hours beforehand, will we just get random/whats left in that area, or are the seats preallocated and held until you checkin? We are flying from Gatwick with Virgin to Orlando in July.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgin

Seems to me you could contact customer service at the airline? Chuck.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
238 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgin

Your seats are held for you, you can check in online or wait until you get to the airport.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Virgin

No, actually they could be reallocated, it happens, not often, but it happens, check in on line, you don't need to print your pass, you ca. Do that at the airport. Even on line check in does not guarantee the seats,but it reduces the risk someone with a hard luck story gets them or even that you are bumped.

No seats are guaranteed, even after paying for them.

Level Contributor
199 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Virgin

Thank you welltravelled96, your response is appreciated;) i assumed this forum was for asking such questions, and incidently i did call customer services and was held in an endless queue!!!!

Level Contributor
199 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Virgin

Thanks froggyengland, i will try to get checked in online - we will be intransit at the point where online checkin opens as we are travelling to london the day before departure.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Virgin

It should be fine, but it does happen,,,change of equipment, over sold flight, or someone with a hard luck story, checking in on line, even without printing passes, shows the airline you intend to fly, so less chance you lose your seats or get bumped.

It's a pain, I know, but if you can get on line, it's a really good plan to do so as it does provide much more benefits than simply less queuing at the airport.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Virgin

"i assumed this forum was for asking such questions, and incidently i did call customer services and was held in an endless queue!!!!" Of course the forum is for "asking such questions", and if you would have mentioned in your first post you had already tried customer service, I would not have posted that as another option for you to find out the information. Take a deep breath and don't use so many !!!!!!. Sorry you decided to be offended. Chuck.

8. Re: Virgin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2015, 06:15