We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to complain about website selling flight tickets

Salisbury, United...
9 posts
Save Topic
How to complain about website selling flight tickets

I have purchased 2 tickets from a website, and have paid extra for check in luggage from them.

The confirmation email showed none. After a few email exchanges with them, they still insisted it's my fault and no refund is agreed.

Can anyone direct me to the correct authority in UK to bring this case too please?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,791 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to complain about website selling flight tickets

Have you checked with the airline that checked luggage is included? People in here generally advice that you book tickets direct from the airline to avoid these kinds of issues.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to complain about website selling flight tickets

Any bets as to which website this is?

Edreams 11/10

Opodo 2/1

Bravofly 7/2

Cheapoair 9/2

Crystal 5/1

Flighthub 8/1

Airline's Website 500/1

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
7,633 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to complain about website selling flight tickets

Have a look at advice guide.org.uk or go into your local CAB.

Collect all the evidence you need. Confirmation, T&C's etc. Find out details of the company address, phone nos.

Who is the company and the airline?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,205 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to complain about website selling flight tickets

MrMarcoos,

It looks line your 5/1 shot is the winner.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186216-i15-k69440…

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to complain about website selling flight tickets

Chay,,,did you read all the bad reviews and use them anyway??

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,391 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to complain about website selling flight tickets

And MrMarcoos was offering decent odds too

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to complain about website selling flight tickets

So, you are paying more than if you'd booked direct then?

Easyjet 5/1

Ryanair 2/1

Wizzair 10/1

BA 50/1

This is a reasonably priced lesson for you, there is no such thing as a free lunch. If your credit card company won't support you, which should be your first port of call, contact the airline directly and add luggage, paying for it.

Next time buy direct and forget your delusions about how you can save ten pounds on a flight. As your mother probably said, "buy cheap, buy twice" , or "buy cheap, pay dear".

Edited: 19 April 2014, 12:50
Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to complain about website selling flight tickets

Good call USBT... On the iPhone so couldn't see the OP's previous post. I'd have been totally taken to the cleaners on that bet...

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to complain about website selling flight tickets

>>Next time buy direct and forget your delusions about how you can save ten pounds on a flight. <<

The mind boggles really. That people know the score and still use them in the vain hope they might save a few bucks.

It's like seeing a sign post saying " live electric fence" blocking your shortcut and going up and licking it just to be sure.

gouves
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: How to complain about website selling flight tickets

Ibooked two flights tickets from Belfast to London heathrow from the 28th of June to the 3rd of July2014

from Bravofly for my grandson who is 1 year old has to go to John RADCLIFFE HOSPITAL IN Oxford

But on the 27th of May 2014 my son got word from oxford that they were putting his operation back to the 6th

of August2014 Icontacted Bravofly about this sistuation and ask them to get my tickets changed to the

6th of August I contacted them by phone also by email they assured me that they where in contact with the airline

which is air lingus Ikept calling them by also email On the 27th of June I receaved a call on my mobile

from Bravofly to give me a price for the transfer of tickets which i was ready to except but insisted she could not hear me I could hear her loud and clear so she rung off I got a email from Bravofly saying they could not contact me is there anyway I could get a refund or stop this happening to someone else