We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Expedia

jasper, ga
Level Contributor
24 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Expedia

I would like to give Expedia a review. It has taken me 5 hours today to resolve an issue with them. It took 4 different customer service representatives with over an hour wait each time to fix my problem. I could not get a manager. I wanted to review with trip advisor but couldn't. Is there a way? Does anyone know how to actually get a real customer representative with Expedia?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,418 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Expedia

No, there is no method in TripAdvisor, to review a 3rd party booking agency. Most people will either create a post like you did, or add their greivance onto an existing post (and there are many here already). Since you say that you talked to 4 different CSR's, I'm not sure why you asked how to get a hold of them, since it sounds like you did. But, maybe try Twitter?

jasper, ga
Level Contributor
24 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Expedia

I wanted to get in touch with a real customer service representative whom might care. I did send a detailed email. The response was a basic apology on a form letter. So I guess I am as satisfied as I can be. The only thing left to do is not to shop with Expedia. I hope others see my warning and stay away!!! Thanks for your reply.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,758 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Expedia

That's all very well, but your post may fall on deaf ears when you've provided zero details as to what the problem was that you wanted resolved.

I only say this, because when no details are provided, it's easy to fill the gaps themselves by thinking it was a mistake on your part in the first instance.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Expedia

I hope others see my warning and stay away!!!

--------

Since you provide no detail whatsoever on your problems I see no reason why anyone would.

For all anyone knows your problem may have been very complicated and it might be reasonable it took that time or it may have been unreasonable but it was the airline that was being unreasonable so there was nothing Expedia could do.

Or it may have been you that caused the issues and perhaps they went the extra mile to fix your issue that they needn't have done at all, and you don't recognise that at all.

Or perhaps it was very simple and you are right it shouldn't have taken so long.

With all those possibilities and perhaps others, eg with no details, your warning is meaningless.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,418 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Expedia

<I wanted to get in touch with a real customer service representative whom might care. >

I guess for me, if they spent 5 hours on the phone with you - they obviously care.

<I hope others see my warning and stay away!!! >

If I took all the warnings posted on this forum seriously, I wouldn't have anymore booking choices. As stated, without more details, your post is not very meaningful to the people you are "warning".

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Expedia

Yes, without some details the warning is useless.

London
Level Contributor
22 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Expedia

CPH56 what happened ????????

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,418 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Expedia

Judging by the OP's posting history, they rebooked with bookit - curious that she stuck with a 3rd party.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
57,665 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Expedia

I'm unsure whether the issue, whatever it was, took 5 hours to sort out (as per this thread) or 6 hours (as per another thread).

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Expedia

Does anyone know how to actually get a real customer representative with Expedia?

Curious. Were you speaking with robots? People who worked for other companies?