We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jet 2 Questions!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,177 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Jet 2 Questions!

Been looking at Jet 2 for next years Benidorm holiday and seems not too bad a price at just over £1.500 full board for 2 weeks from Glasgow with 10kg hand luggage and 22kg hold luggage on the 24th of September 2015. I've never used them before and anybody's input and opinion on them would be gratefully received. Many thanks as always!

Teesside
Level Contributor
376 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Jet 2 Questions!

Hi Shezza, We always fly with jet 2 if they don't go to a place neither do we, that's how good we think their flights are. Now to holidays with them, we always booked with them till last year when they started to say they could only request a disabled room and not guarantee one so we now book flight with jet2 and hotel direct because there's no way I can get into a bath I need a walk in shower.

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Jet 2 Questions!

Shezza, if you need someone to talk to during the lfight i dont mind tagging along to keep you both company as much as i wouldnt want to lol.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,177 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Jet 2 Questions!

Tell you what Mark, I shall make the ultimate sacrifice and tag along with you and Paula in July just out of the goodness of my heart of course and you can tag along with Billy and I when we go :)

Goole, United...
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Jet 2 Questions!

Liverpoolblue,long queues are normal at an airport,depending on flight arrivals & departures & the transfer from gate to aircraft,the buses are always cramped.I have never been on one yet where I haven't played sardines.

Unfortunately this is part & parcel of airline travel these days & is generally unavoidable.

A surly bus driver is not really the fault of Jet2 as they are usually contracted out & Jet2 cannot be blamed for ground staff at arrival airport,as that is down do airport operations,so it seems you are in the minority when the question has been asked what they are like as an airline.

If you were on a package with them then I can see your point of view regarding the whole experience,because it's a jet2 "package" but most of the points you have raised are unfortunately out of the hands of Jet2.

I had an awful experience on board Emirates airlines a few years ago,but that was down to cabin crew in J class,which I then complained about on my return home.

To be fair to Emirates the complaint was resolved & I was quite impressed with how they handled it but I vowed I would never fly with them again because the experience was not what I had expected from them.

That doesn't mean to say that I won't in the future,as it was just down to one employee in my eyes.

I certainly would not have taken this view had it taken me 45 to disembark because this would have not been Emirates fault.

Give them another try liverpoolblue they really are okay as far as low budget airlines go.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,177 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Jet 2 Questions!

Transfers with Jet 2 won't be an issue as I have to get a private transfer anyway and I will receive a discount from Jet 2 if I don't use their transfers.

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Jet 2 Questions!

""Tell you what Mark, I shall make the ultimate sacrifice and tag along with you and Paula in July just out of the goodness of my heart of course and you can tag along with Billy and I when we go :)""

your on, i need someone to keep me out of trouble lol.

leeds
Level Contributor
625 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Jet 2 Questions!

I only use JET2 now for my trips to Benidorm. good flight time and plenty of leg room. Just wish I had a better local airport. Leeds/Bradford is a total rip-off from charging you to drop-off to paying for trolleys.

Wish Manchester or east midlands were closer.

Goole, United...
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Jet 2 Questions!

That's good Shezza that they will deduct the cost of the transfer no point it being in the cost if you don't use it.

Crackers.

I use jet2 out of Leeds Bradford too ,sometimes some of the aircraft are a bit "worn" in the cabin area as they use them for mail & cargo flights when not being used commercially.On some of the aircraft you may notice this tends to be the older ones but again the seats are fine.

I do know what you mean though re LBR being expensive though especially for parking.

We usually stay over at the premier inn if we're going on holiday & go into Yeadon for a meal & a drink the night before,.Then the premier inn let you pay £5 for parking as a donation to the charity & we leave the car there.

If it's just a quick Jaunt to Amsterdam & we don't stay over,we leave the car down Grange Road near the Premier inn & get Sjk taxis up to the airport costs about £3.

Edited: 21 April 2014, 09:58
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,177 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Jet 2 Questions!

That's it Mark, decision made! I'm away to start packing :)

leeds
Level Contributor
625 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Jet 2 Questions!

We live 10 miles from the airport and just use the drop-off car park. Will not use the trolleys, no matter how many cases we have. Not a tight yorkshireman. LOL. Just don't like been ripped-off.