We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Austrian Airlines

Parma, Italy
Level Contributor
1 post
63 reviews
Save Topic
Austrian Airlines

Possibly the most arrogant airline I have ever had he displeasure of travelling with in 15 years of frequently travelling the world.

On a recent flight from Malpensa Italy to Moscow via Vienna they blatantly give the impression they operate the flight as many companies do in collaboration with other companies but then even place the check in details on the web check in which you cannot access. Upon arrival at Malpensa I was arrogantly informed that "obviously you can't check in as it's a different company" yes, I replied but it's operated by Austrian Airlines "oh no it's never operated like that" in an equally arrogant tone. News flash, from someone who spends 60% of the year travelling it's always like that.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Austrian Airlines

Wow, another in a multitude of first post complainers. Kevin, "impressions" , and a person's "arrogance" are not given, they are taken. This was your preception of the interaction based upon your knowledge and expectations of the situation and how things should have worked. I am sorry you had a not so good time and experience, but that's just how life is sometimes. Cheer up, it'll be better next time. Chuck.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Austrian Airlines

Well, ok, then, you sound inflamed to have been wrong. What's the big deal, they did not operate the flight and you need to check in with the operating airline. I assume they told you who that was.

I can't see it as arrogance, simply statement of fact, but obviously I did not hear the tone of voice. But as arrogance means having an over bearing sense of self worth, I fail to see how that can be the correct word, or how that limited interaction makes an whole airline arrogant.

Maybe you can brighten up all our lives and tell us?

uk
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Austrian Airlines

Go have a look at post 109 and 115 for one post rants on the E cigs thread ... It's quite a rant lol

Deb

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Austrian Airlines

I didn't even know what the OP was complaining about, as your itinerary always shows who the operating carrier is.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
9,122 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Austrian Airlines

The OP is so in rage that he forgot the describe the actual issue. I assume it stems from the fact that all Austrian Airlines flight are operated by Tyrolean (a subsidiary of AUA) since around a year. I do not get what happened,so.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Austrian Airlines

He tried to check in at the wrong counter and feels that the staff spoke to him in an arrogant manner.

It's pissed him off no end apparently.

7. Re: Austrian Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2015, 05:15