We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air India

Sydney
Level Contributor
772 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Air India

We are a family of 5 planning a 6 week round the world trip this Dec/Jan so budget is a major factor. I have found flights from Paris to Sydney via New Dehli on Air India for $878 which is considerably cheaper than the $1500 option with Qantas and other airlines. Has anyone travelled this route recently and if so what was your experience like?

S M
Merseyside
Level Contributor
593 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Air India

USBT - our return stop-over in Delhi is 16 hours.... It's a right expensive PITA to get a visa for India so we are going to factor in a transit hotel - so thanks for the tip.

As we will be in business class for a change, does any know if you could stay in the Air India lounge for as long as you need if you have a long stop-over?

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: Air India

This airline is pathetic. The food is third grade and the service is also poor. The only saving grace is the price which is indeed low in comparison to others. If money isn't an issue, try Qantas or Singapore Airline. And besides, Air India never departs or arrives on time no matter what. I hope I helped.

S M
Merseyside
Level Contributor
593 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Air India

AI are now part of Star Alliance so hopefully they've upped their game!

In addition - as we are travelling business class with them (a rare treat for us) they are funding the overnight stay in the Delhi transit hotel (Eaton Smart).

Reviews are a bit thin on the ground so I shall write one after the journey!

14. Re: Air India

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2015, 08:19