We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madrid Barajas Airport Getting from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2

USA
Level Contributor
1,051 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Madrid Barajas Airport Getting from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2

We arrive from the USA via US Airways at 8:25 AM on May 28 at Barajas Terminal 1, and we need to get to Terminal 2 for an Air Europa flight to Bilbao.

On the airport website, I see there is a shuttle bus and a transit bus--two separate services. I'm guessing that we would clear immigration and customs and then take the transit bus. And, again guessing, we would would then not have to clear security or there would be a reduced security process at Terminal 2? About how long does the transit bus take to get from 1 to 2, and how often do the buses run?

Or can we walk from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 without leaving the secure area and not have to go through security? If so, how long a walk? I wouldn't mind a bit of a walk after 8 hours on the airplane.

Thanks.

1. Re: Madrid Barajas Airport Getting from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 21 April 2014, 13:50
Edited: 21 April 2014, 13:50
2. Re: Madrid Barajas Airport Getting from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2015, 05:16