We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Double booked Air Asia

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,790 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Double booked Air Asia

I have booked the same Air Asia flight twice. Don't ask - it's been a particularly stressful week!

I've e-mailed AA and have had an automated reply saying they will respond within 5 days.

Do I have any hope of getting a refund or credit? I have another AA flight to book so would be ok with a credit.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Trisha

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Double booked Air Asia

That is a great result-well done Air Asia!!!

Banda Aceh...
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: Double booked Air Asia

How long that progress, i have that same case...

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,163 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Double booked Air Asia

<< Air Asia refunded 90% of the flight price. No communication - it just appeared on my bank statement. Surprised and delighted! >>

It is actually no at all surprising for what Air Asia had done. Generally, I know Air Asia are and have been very good to their customers. For genuine cases of double booking, for example like double charge for passengers of the same name on the same flight within minutes, they do cash refund less some admin fees.

:-)

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,238 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Double booked Air Asia

I'm actually really pleased for you missindy for one main reason. You didn't come on here blaming your computer, airline, rude staff etc, etc.

Unlike so many others on here you put your hands up, admitted it was your own fault and that you would be grateful for anything you got back.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,790 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Double booked Air Asia

If my memory is accurate, it took about 4 weeks for the refund to land in my bank account.

I had no-one to blame but myself Shezza - and it was a dumb mistake to make! I hear where you're coming from though - my pet bugbear is folk moaning about Ryanair and Easyjet when they are simply following stated procedures. I've seen most of Europe thanks to their cheap flights and am a big fan.

Trisha

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel
Level Contributor
4,436 posts
409 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Double booked Air Asia

post#1: << but if you've got two reservations for the same flight with identical names, the airline 'should' cotton on at some stage - as they can't permit that for obvious reasons.>>

Interestingly this happened once to my daughter when she hit the button twice at the payment stage when booking a flight on Southwest, as she waited a while and saw no response thinking that she didn't submit the booking. Her credit card was charged twice but she got the refund in the form of credits for future trip after calling the airline.

I agree with KVE San that the airline reservation shouldn't have allowed double booking under the same name on the same flight as the reservation software should be able to take care of that, well...?

Edited: 02 September 2014, 13:09
Malaysia
1 post
Save Reply
17. Re: Double booked Air Asia

Hi may I ask how long does it take for the refund to take place?

18. Re: Double booked Air Asia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 September 2014, 16:06
19. Re: Double booked Air Asia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2015, 05:15