We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

URGENT Advice needed! Passport Problems.

Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
URGENT Advice needed! Passport Problems.

Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I have already started a topic in the turkey forum (See Link Below), but I guess I need to post in a forum that relates more to the issue I'm currently having.

I'll keep this brief as the full details are in the link below....My kids passports have been delayed due to an issue with countersignatory whom took his time and didn't fill in the forms correctly. The passport has ended up in Peterborough Examination Office. The passport office have advised that due to the countersignatory wasting time in replying,they now are sending me another form to get a different countersignatory to do the forms, but this is wasting valuable time as we need travel to turkey in middle of may 2014.

Someone on this forum said that it's possible to get an appointment and get the passport application processed more quickly at the passport office at a premium price...is that right?

I'm more than happy to pay whatever the costs, but:-

1. Can I ignore the passport office's request and instead arrange an appointment? how quick can i get an appt?

2. What happens to the application that I've already done for the kids and the fees already paid?

3. Would the countersignatory need to attend with me to their office?

4. What is the process if I wanted to do that? i.e. what documents etc

Here is the link to the old topic:-

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293969-i367-k73…

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,564 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: URGENT Advice needed! Passport Problems.

Very often the counter signatory is contacted to confirm they have signed, and to confirm their details, just another security check. This has happened to me when I counter signed passport photos. You get a form through the post, and have to fill it in and send it back. I can see where the delay could have happened, either the counter signatory did not receive the form in time (off work maybe? you use your work address) or just didn't return it in time.

Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: URGENT Advice needed! Passport Problems.

Hi again guys,

I'm sorry for not getting back sooner. Okay, first of all let me thank everyone for advising me. I apologise if I didn't explain clearly. Here is the status so far:-

1. This application is for renewal of 2 kids passports.

2. The countersignatory did fill in the application and it was sent off and received by the passport office, but then they were picked out as random checks.

3. My countersignatory then didn't respond in time to any letters the passport office sent, thus causing the application time-limit to expire.

4. Hence passport office have sent out new forms to get filled in again but this time I have to use a different person for counter-signing.

5. I have received the new forms which I have filled in again and plan to send them back via Guaranteed Special Delivery tomorrow.

So my question now is that if I've done everything and they still delay the application, then could I get it done via Fast Track or will they say no because the application is already being processed by peterborough office?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: URGENT Advice needed! Passport Problems.

So my question now is that if I've done everything and they still delay the application, then could I get it done via Fast Track or will they say no because the application is already being processed by peterborough office?

--------

And the answer is, only the passport office can answer that.

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently

Upgrading a standard application

You may be able to upgrade your application to use the Premium service if you’ve already applied to renew your passport by post or through the Check & Send service.

Upgrades are usually only available in special circumstances - for example, you’ve had to change your travel plans at short notice.

Call the Passport Adviceline with the barcode number of your application. This was on your application form, or on your receipt if you used Check & Send.

The Passport Adviceline will tell you if you can upgrade - the service isn’t always available during Her Majesty’s Passport Office’s busy periods.

K30
Cornwall
Level Contributor
657 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: URGENT Advice needed! Passport Problems.

I would be so annoyed at the counter signatory! Best of luck.

Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: URGENT Advice needed! Passport Problems.

Thanks jointheuk and K30. I've sent off the completed forms via 9am special delivery with a letter explaining everything regarding our travel dates. Lets just hope it gets sorted quickly. Regarding upgrading - they said it's not possible...at least not for the moment.

Just praying away

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: URGENT Advice needed! Passport Problems.

Good luck.

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: URGENT Advice needed! Passport Problems.

I hope you get it sorted.....it's a nightmare! My childrens passports were sent via check and send on 2nd April they were renewals but lost the old passports so filled in form ls01....heard noting as yet. Sent my partners also via check and send on 8th April and had a txt this morning saying its printed and on the way back?! Why is my childrens taking so long? They were countersigned as they have changed so much. We are not travelling until 22nd may so in hoping they will be back but just curious why my partners was much quicker?

Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: URGENT Advice needed! Passport Problems.

Thanks joeintheuk. I got a call from Peterborough Inquiry office today. I asked them to get the case handler to give me a callback once he confirms he has received the applications.

@ Cabriolet-32 - don't you think you applied very late? I applied back in feb!

Manchester
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: URGENT Advice needed! Passport Problems.

Hope you've got it - passport office have been absolutely useless. You have to keep phoning and hope you eventually get somebody helpful otherwise you get so much differing information

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: URGENT Advice needed! Passport Problems.

Hi Naz

Do you have a number for the peterborough enquiry office - I am getting nowhere with a similar situation but all I keep being told is that they can only email peterborough for me or put in a 48 hour call back. Have requested this several times but have yet to be called back (over a week later).

Thanks

Jo