We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson Dreamliner Premium Class from Manchester Mexico

Dumfries, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Thomson Dreamliner Premium Class from Manchester Mexico

In Premium Class, does the seat allow you to raise your feet at all? Or is it just that the seat reclines a bit? Am flying Manchester to Puerto Vallarta in December 2014.

Maureen

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
369 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson Dreamliner Premium Class from Manchester Mexico

The seats recline a little and a little legrest flips up from behind your knees. Only problem is if you are over 5 foot it really does not do much at all.

Dumfries, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson Dreamliner Premium Class from Manchester Mexico

Thank you very much for your reply - very helpful - kind of what I expected as no one had mentioned any great recline, or feet up!

Maureen

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
38,206 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson Dreamliner Premium Class from Manchester Mexico

Here is a bit of info that is currently circulating around between Thomson cabin crew staff that from May if all goes to plan (could be a little later) the Premium cabin seats are going to be changed and will be going back to having the TV's in the seatbacks.....smaller armrests, so easier access getting in and out of seats and more recline is also in the offing.

Lets hope all goes to plan after all it was Boeing that upgraded the seats without telling Thomson, so they had to limit the recline , because if they were used on full recline, then no one would have been able to get in or out of the their seats, its bad enough with limited recline.........so hopefully Thomson Airways will get their original design of PE seats.

Angie.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,036 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson Dreamliner Premium Class from Manchester Mexico

The seats apparently should have been changed by February (according to one of the captains) but they are, as Angie says, now hoping it will be done for the start of the summer season. I would imagine that time scale will depend on how much down time each aircraft has.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomson Dreamliner Premium Class from Manchester Mexico

Angie. Is this from May this year? I hope so as we go to POP on June 9. It will be much better with seat-back screns. I can't think why it was changed in the first place. Here's hoping.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,036 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomson Dreamliner Premium Class from Manchester Mexico

It is hoped they will be done by May this year, but no guarantees.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomson Dreamliner Premium Class from Manchester Mexico

Thanks Leyland. It would be just our luck to miss out. However, no problem.

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
307 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomson Dreamliner Premium Class from Manchester Mexico

Thanks for that info Angie. Enjoyed the Dreamliner in November but really didn't like the bruises we had after trying to get out of the seats. Might give premier another go next year now.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
38,206 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomson Dreamliner Premium Class from Manchester Mexico

Sefton

Fingers crossed the new seats will be changed by your flight date but only time will tell I afraid.......as I mentioned above it was Boeing that upgraded/changed the design without telling Thomson...........why I still have not been told !

Angie.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
38,206 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomson Dreamliner Premium Class from Manchester Mexico

Morley_Tripper

You're welcome.........always glad to pass on new info............I am sure once the seats are changed there will be more people wanting to book the PE cabin as the talk about how difficult it was to get in and out of the seats did put a lot of people off booking the Premium cabin.

Angie.

Edited: 22 April 2014, 13:20