We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vueling Airlines

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
91 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Vueling Airlines

I just booked a flight from Granada to Barcelona for May 2014. Strange thing is that after selecting my seat (at no additional cost since I took the Optima option), Vueling actually sent me my boarding pass. The flight is more than 2 weeks away!

I have not known of any airline that sends you your boarding pass 2 weeks early. Moreover, no airline will allow you to check-in a few weeks beforehand. So that was really very strange.

So now, does it mean that I do not need to check-in, or do I still have to check in?

I am stumped!

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,876 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vueling Airlines

< Moreover, no airline will allow you to check-in a few weeks beforehand. >

Not unusual at all - especially among low costs airlines

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
91 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vueling Airlines

So how? Do I check-in for Vueling Airlines or not?

Wales
Level Contributor
400 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vueling Airlines

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
91 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vueling Airlines

I went to the website and went to the seat change option. Although I did not actually change the seat, Vueling sent me a confirmation with the 'new' boarding pass which is exactly the same as the old one. So I suppose I will do a check-in again one day before the actual flight just to make sure.

This sure is weird.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,244 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vueling Airlines

Its not weird, many LCC (Easyjet for example) allow check in a week or two from the date of the flight.

Once you are checked in you don't need to go back and repeat the exercise.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,567 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Vueling Airlines

30 days on EasyJet for the outgoing flight. Even longer for a return flight made in the same booking.

However Vueling is unusual as it allows check-in from the moment you buy your ticket in many circumstances vueling.com/en/…check-in-online and with the Optima fare your boarding passes are sent to you automatically, so you are already checked in. Just print them.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
91 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vueling Airlines

Hi Crazypom and Perilizia, thanks for confirming that it is normal practice and that all is in order! With no prior experience of Vueling, I assumed that the usual procedures of international flights will hold for all airlines. Good thing there is tripadvisor.2

8. Re: Vueling Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2015, 05:15