We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone know anything about Excel airline ?

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
11 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone know anything about Excel airline ?

Just booked to Verona with Thomsons Lakes and Mountains - been many times but this time out flight is THOM but return is Excel. Never heard of them and google search nil. Anyone used them ?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,685 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone know anything about Excel airline ?

You should get info if you search on XL Airways - XL UK went bust in 2008 but looks like they still have XL France and XL Germany

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
18,248 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone know anything about Excel airline ?

Here is a link to their website. Looks like they are running some charter flights for Thomson.

http://www.xl.com/en/

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,792 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone know anything about Excel airline ?

If they have the same standards as the Excel that used to operate charter flights between London Gatwick and Sharm el Sheikh or Hurghada (I forget which, just that I was going diving in the Red Sea) then expect a very uncomfortable flight indeed. I remember being seriously squashed - with the back of the seat in front jammed against my knees when in the upright position. Worse than Monarch and Thomson. They thoroughly deserved to go bust.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
11 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone know anything about Excel airline ?

Thanks for link. Looks like Thomson are giving them a lot of business.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
11 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone know anything about Excel airline ?

Oh dear, good job its a short flight but Thomson seem to be giving them a lot of business so will see !

6. Re: Anyone know anything about Excel airline ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2015, 06:16