We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet Gatwick question

Ft. Laud, Florida
Level Contributor
983 posts
159 reviews
Save Topic
Easyjet Gatwick question

I'll be making 2 flights on Easyjet which arrive and then leave from the same terminal at Gatwick..... 2 1/2 hours apart.....traveling on NON -EU passport.

NO hold baggage. Carry on only.

Will check in online in advance.

Can I stay airside and just walk from one gate to the other?

Or do I have to go back landside, they passport control, check in, and then go back through security?

Thanks.

London
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easyjet Gatwick question

I think you have to go landside (at least you did last summer - things may have changed)

You can use Gatwick connect, which may speed things up a little.

gatwickairport.com/at-the-airport/…

Ft. Laud, Florida
Level Contributor
983 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easyjet Gatwick question

Intrepid explorer....thanks for this information.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
4,858 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easyjet Gatwick question

Just because the schedule says that you arrive and depart using the same terminal, don't assume that this happens as planned. Last week I was on an easyJet flight due to arrive at North Terminal which actually arrived at South, apparently because the aircraft was needed to operate a service from there next.

Gatwick Connect is a useful service for people who have to reclaim hold baggage and check it in for another flight on easyJet, Virgin or Norwegian when through-checked baggage hasn't been possible, but as pacosmom has no hold baggage it is irrelevant in this case. By the time you reach it you have already passed Immigration with any associated delays, all you avoid is the queue in the check-in hall.

Gatwick does have the European standard airside transfer system which avoids Immigration and Customs. Here they call it Flight Connections and you need to follow the purple signs for it as you enter the terminal building from the aircraft. I'm sure I've seen somewhere that not all airlines' passengers can use it, hopefully someone else knows for sure.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easyjet Gatwick question

Have a look here pacosmom: gatwickairport.com/at-the-airport/…

It seems to depend on whether either of your flights are to or from the UK/Ireland.

Ft. Laud, Florida
Level Contributor
983 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easyjet Gatwick question

AndyW33 and Tigga23:

Thanks so much for this information about flight connections. I'll be flying Int'l to Gatwick and then from Gatwick to France. So technically speaking I won't be "entering" the UK or Ireland.

What I will do is follow the signs for flight connections and hope for the best.

I'll also hope that there are no last minute terminal changes !!!

Thanks again for helping me out.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easyjet Gatwick question

That sounds exactly right pacosmom - the situation only changes, as you say, if you are 'entering' the UK/Ireland. Hope it's all very smooth!

Ft. Laud, Florida
Level Contributor
983 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easyjet Gatwick question

Thanks again, Tigga23.

8. Re: Easyjet Gatwick question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2015, 06:15