We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
bethlehem
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
is 50 minutes between 2 flights enough?

i want to buy this ticket

https:/…

it has a stop for 50 minutes in vienna for 50 minutes..then i fly to Munich.to stop there again for 45 minutes....is that time enough?

also, if they delay one flight, would they delay the second?

thanks

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
7,691 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is 50 minutes between 2 flights enough?

I certainly wouldn't book from that site...

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,283 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is 50 minutes between 2 flights enough?

"if they delay one flight, would they delay the second?"

As a rule, no. If the airline allows the booking, it's usually because the connection is possible but obviously you have very little room for delays. If it's all on one ticket, the airline will take care of you and make sure you get to your destination on a later flight.

As a side-note, I would highly recommend you book your ticket direct from the airline rather than from a 3rd party site (such as the one you link to).

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,382 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is 50 minutes between 2 flights enough?

I'd be another who wouldn't use that site. Go to the airlines own website and book from there would be my suggestion - or at least use a recommended onlie TA.

Out of interest why are you looking to book from these - don't be lured in by the lower prices as they are more than likely not real time fares advertised so when you come to the option to pay you will find that the so called low prices have suddenly gone up.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is 50 minutes between 2 flights enough?

Faz your link will not work. Please list the flights and times.

If your original flight is delayed they will not delay the next flight.

If the flights are on one ticket the airline is responsible for getting you to your destination.

Were you thinking of purchasing from this third party provider? Why not purchase from the airline directly?

bethlehem
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is 50 minutes between 2 flights enough?

thank you all....im not booking directly, because lufthansa company which is the cheapest does not offer multi cities option....im coming back from barcelona....here are the details from expedia.com..whichj think i can trust

Flight 1: Fri. Jun. 6

Amman Geneva Vienna, Munich

AMM 4:05pm GVA 10:45pm 2 Stops

7h 40m

Lufthansa 6411 operated by Austrian Airlines

Lufthansa 6329 operated by Austrian Airlines

Lufthansa 2390 operated by Lufthansa Cityline

Hide Flight Details

FLIGHT DETAILS

Fri. Jun. 6 Amman, Jordan to Geneva, Switzerland

Amman (AMM) to Vienna (VIE)

Lufthansa 6411 operated by Austrian Airlines

Economy / Coach Class ( K), Airbus A320

Depart 4:05pm Arrive 7:00pm

Duration: 3h 55m

Layover: Vienna (VIE) 0h 50m

Vienna (VIE) to Munich (MUC)

Lufthansa 6329 operated by Austrian Airlines

Economy / Coach Class ( K), Airbus A319

Depart 7:50pm Arrive 8:50pm

Duration: 1h 0m

Layover: Munich (Franz Josef Strauss Intl.) 0h 45m

Munich (MUC) to Geneva (GVA)

Lufthansa 2390 operated by Lufthansa Cityline

Economy / Coach Class ( K), EMBRAER 195

Depart 9:35pm Arrive 10:45pm

Duration: 1h 10m

Total trip time: 7h 40m

Edited: 29 April 2014, 17:34
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,382 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is 50 minutes between 2 flights enough?

Lufthansa do offer multi city options; there is a search with more options button at the bottom of the search box.

lufthansa.com/online/portal/lh/uk/booking…

bethlehem
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is 50 minutes between 2 flights enough?

thank you....i can't find the cheap tickets which i found on many third party websites...like expedia and momondo...also their website is not easy to use...since it does not show the prices from the beginning....and they dont allow me to register for "technical reasons"

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,775 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: is 50 minutes between 2 flights enough?

Unless there are quite few connecting to the MUC flight then they are unlikely to hold the plane,even if they did then you will most likely not make the 45 mins connection in MUC. Assuming this is all on one ticket then they will put you on the next available flight and put you in a hotel if needed. However if this is differant tickets put together by the 3rd party agent then you may well have a problem. In Vienna you will also have to go through immigration as this is your entry point to the Schengen area

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,843 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: is 50 minutes between 2 flights enough?

Faz,

Do you have a full service travel agent you can book through in Amman? If so, you can use http://matrix.itasoftware.com to find the best flights, print out the details and take it to your agent to book. If it's all on one airline (e.g. Lufthansa) then you could try booking by phone with them.

I just did a search for 6 June (with a randomly selected return date of 13 June), and came across the flights you are seeing for 448.050 (not sure which currency). But I'm also seeing slightly cheaper options if you're prepared to leave early morning (2.55am) with one stop at Frankfurt (and that's a 5 hour layover so virtually no chance of missing the onward flight).

Matrix is a fare finder, you don't book through them and they don't link to third party bookers. They search the airline global distribution systems (GDS) and provide as close to live fares as you'll get from a third party search.

Edited: 29 April 2014, 19:07
bethlehem
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: is 50 minutes between 2 flights enough?

thank you for the info...but i guess the prices on phone or in person are always more expensive than they r online...i tried that with Qatar airways one...and the representative told me that .