We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why wouldn't tickets be issued?

Chambersburg...
4 posts
Save Topic
Why wouldn't tickets be issued?

I booked 3 tickets through a 3rd party website (who shall remain nameless for now) for a flight to/from Japan in July. The airline (Air Canada) changed the flight schedule a few weeks after I booked this flight so I had to completely reconfigure my trip with different dates. Now my ticket status through the 3rd party is hanging out in "pending" status. I've asked them why is this and they've responded saying the tickets aren't going to be re-issued until 3 weeks before the departure date, standard procedure after a change according to them. I've flown quite a bit in my life and have never come across this before. I would just like to hear others opinions on if this sounds shady or if this really is common.They've already charged my credit card as well because of the previous booking. Any thoughts on this are greatly appreciated!

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why wouldn't tickets be issued?

No, not "shady", and others opinions will not help you. All you can do is hang tight and next time, buy your tickets direct from the airline website. If you would have spent time reading this forum before you went third party, you would already know that. Three weeks is plenty of time to get your tickets. Getting them at the airport at the ticket counter also is plenty of time. Chuck

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,079 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why wouldn't tickets be issued?

"I've asked them why is this and they've responded saying the tickets aren't going to be re-issued until 3 weeks before the departure date, standard procedure after a change according to them."

Not standard procedure in my opinion, if you've paid then nothing to stop the tickets being reissued after the revised flights were selected - sounds to me like the 3rd party has taken your money and is not confirming the revised flight purchase with the airline in the hope that the price will reduce so they can pocket the difference.

Some 3rd parties would be perfectly happy to try this trick but have no idea whether your unnamed 3rd party is one of the worst around or not.

Edited: 30 April 2014, 18:36
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
18,248 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why wouldn't tickets be issued?

Seems strange to me that they've suggested tickets aren't reissued until three weeks prior to travel. Unless it's a package holiday?

When I've had flights reissued tickets (or e-tickets a) have been issued straight away.

I'd like to know who the third party is, this could answer your question if you reveal.

Chambersburg...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Why wouldn't tickets be issued?

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

That was my thoughts/concerns all along. Wasn't sure what their motivations could be not to just re-issue the tickets to start with since they're paid for already but that could be a pausible explanation! In that case there's probably nothing stopping them from trying that and then coming back to me in July to say "sorry, couldn't get those tickets after all" which is really my biggest fear :(

Chambersburg...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Why wouldn't tickets be issued?

Vayama.com is who I booked through via KAYAK

Edited: 30 April 2014, 18:57
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,010 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Why wouldn't tickets be issued?

It can take a while for a ticket to be re-issued following a rebooking, especially if your flight still several months away.

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,410 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Why wouldn't tickets be issued?

There's a poster on here sometimes called Vayama Voice (may be one word) who you might search for and send a PM. They've offered to help with problems with Vayama booking before, but I have no idea if they really helped or not.

Chambersburg...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Why wouldn't tickets be issued?

Alright, I found who you're talking about. I'll give him a try. Thanks for the tip!!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,230 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Why wouldn't tickets be issued?

perhaps they are waiting to see if there is yet another schedule change before issuing the tickets ?

10. Re: Why wouldn't tickets be issued?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2015, 05:16